The relevance of the work is conditioned by the need for advance development of high-tech industries and services of the Tomsk region in a turbulent economy. The purpose of the paper is to assess the comprehensive efficiency of these economic sectors and develop recommendations for stimulating their development. Methods of research. The author’s methodology is used to assess the comprehensive efficiency of the economic sectors development using the accounting data of commercial enterprises. We apply methods of economic analysis of financial indicators of enterprises, aggregated by sectors. Results. We have developed and tested a technique for assessing the comprehensive efficiency of the development of high-tech sectors according to the financial statements of their enterprises. An outstripping growth of high-tech services in the Tomsk region has been detected. They become comparable with high-tech industrial sectors by revenue. At the same time, the information technology sector proved to be the absolute leader in a number of indicators of comprehensive efficiency. We found serious problems with the growth of high-tech and innovative industrial sectors in the Tomsk region in a turbulent economy, including a fall in revenue in these sectors. Conclusions. As a priority for the development of the Tomsk region, it is worthwhile to highlight high-tech services sectors (sector of research and development and sector of information technologies). The revealed problems in high-tech industrial sectors and subsection DL of the Tomsk region require further research
Keywords: high-tech sectors, manufacturing industries, services, development priorities, efficiency, methodology, enterprises, innovations, turbulent economy, Tomsk region
- Informatsionny resurs SPARK [Information resource SPARK]. http://www.spark-interfax.ru. (In Rus.)
- L. Guoqiang, Y. Hao. A Review of the Development of High-tech Industries in the World//Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics & Sociology. 2016. № 14(4). P. 1-6. http://dx.doi.org/10.9734/ajaees/2016/12499.
- Eurostat indicators on High-tech industry and Knowledge — intensive services. Annex 2 — High-tech aggregation by NACE Rev 1.1. http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/cache/metadata/Annexes/htec_esms_an2.pdf.
- N. Gorodnikova, L. Gokhberg, K. Ditkovskiy et al. Indikatory innovacionnoj deyatel'nosti: 2018: statisticheskij sbornik [Indicators of Innovation in the Russian Federation: 2018: Data Book]. National Research University Higher School of Economics. Moscow: HSE, 2018. https://www.hse.ru/data/2018/03/23/1164003717/Indicators_of_Innovation_2018.pdf . (In Rus.)
- N. Goldschlag, J. Miranda. Business Dynamics Statistics of High Tech Industries//US Census Bureau Center for Economic Studies Paper. December 1, 2016. No. CES-WP. Р. 16-55. https://ssrn.com/abstract=2884192 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2884192.
- K. Śledziewska, T. Akhvlediani. What Determines Export Performances in High-tech Industries//Central European Economic Journal [Internet]. Walter de Gruyter GmbH; 2017 Jan 30; 0 (0). http://dx.doi.org/10.1515/ceej-2017-0006.
- M. B. Elagina, I. A. Rodionova. Dynamics of exports and imports of high-tech products in the world//Innovative economy. 2018. № 2. P. 5. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=34876834 . (In Rus.)
- N. O. Yakushev. High-tech exports of Russia and its territorial specifics//Problems of territory development. 2017. № 3 (89). P. 62-77. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29202075 . (In Rus.)
- E. S. Gorlova. Modern trends in the development of production of high-tech manufacturing industries and science intensive services in the world's leading countries//Actual problems of economics and management at the enterprises of machine building, oil and gas industry in the conditions of innovation-oriented economy. 2017. Vol. 1. P. 300-311. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32656646 . (In Rus.)
- M. Rodriguez. Innovation, Knowledge Spillovers and High-Tech Services in European Regions//Engineering Economics. 2014. Vol. 25. № 1. Р. 31-39. http://dx.doi.org/10.5755/j01.ee.25.1.3207.
- A. Skórska. High-Tech Industry and Knowledge Intensive Services as Carriers of Knowledge-Based Economy in Poland and in Other European Union Member States//Folia Pomeranae Universitatis Technologiae Stetinensis Oeconomica. 2017. Vol. 331. № 85. Р. 137-146. http://dx.doi.org/10.21005/oe.2016.85.4.14.
- E. V. Litvinenko, I. A. Ustyuzhanina. Development of high technology and high-tech industries in Russia//Actual problems of economics and management. 2016. № 2 (10). P. 10-13. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26202405 . (In Rus.)
- E. V. Demidova, M. A. Oleinikova. High-tech companies as a potential driver of the development of the Russian economy//Scientific notes of young researchers. 2017. № 2. P. 28-34. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29384919 . (In Rus.)
- E. Dzhamay, S. Demin, L. Putyatina. Innovative Modernization Management of High-Tech and Knowledge-Intensive Industries of Russian Economy//Administration. 2016. Vol. 4. № 3. P. 57-65. http://dx.doi.org/10.12737/21296.
- I. Dezhina. Science and Innovation Policy of the Russian Government: A Variety of Instruments with Uncertain Outcomes?//Public Administration Issues. 2017. № 5. С. 7-26. https://vgmu.hse.ru/data/2017/08/21/1174216913/Dezhina%205-2017.pdf.
- E. A. Merzlyakova, T. S. Kolmykova, A. Yu. Goncharov. Problems of formation of perspective points of growth of high-technology productions// Izvestiya of South-Western State University. Series: «Economy. Sociology. Management». 2017. Vol. 7. № 3 (24). P. 37-44. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30626719 . (In Rus.)
- V. V. Spitsyn. Methodological approach to assessing the efficiency of socio-economic systems development//Economics: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. 2017. Vol. 7. Is. 4A. Р. 25-32. http://publishing-vak.ru/file/archive-economy-2017-4/3-spitsin.pdf . (In Rus.)
- V. V. Spitsyn, E. A. Monastyrny, I. A. Pavlova. The optimality of the proportions of the research and development sector of Russia and regions in comparison with foreign countries//Innovations. 2016. № 2 (208). P. 48-57. (In Rus.)
- Rossijskij statisticheskij ezhegodnik [Russian Statistical Yearbook. Rosstat]. http://www.gks.ru/wps/wcm/connect/rosstat_main/rosstat/ru/statistics/publications/catalog/doc_1135087342078 . (In Rus.)
- OK 029-2007 (KDES Red. 1.1). Obshcherossiyskiy klassifikator vidov ekonomicheskoy deyatelnosti (utv. prikazom Rostekhregulirovaniya ot 22.11.2007 no. 329-st) (vveden v deystvie 01.01.2008) [Russian classifier of economic activities] (approved by the Order of the Rostekhregulirovanie from 22.11.2007 no. 329-st in red. 24.12.2012). http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_77392 . (In Rus.)