The authors present a model of the new role of universities within the knowledge economy. The major milestones in the transformation of universities in the society, as well as changes in their economic and social function are traced and investigated. The authors analyzed the key competitive advantages of the university as an integrator within the scientific ecosystem and its' role as a bridge from science to business. The author's methodology of capitalization growth of knowledge and redistribution of talent within university ecosystem is presented, from the University of 1.0 to 4.0. It a pyramid growth of surplus value of universities as corporations. The way of the transformation of Russian universities in the innovative institutions,as well as growth drivers and centers of scientific and economic excellence is also alalyzed.
Keywords: knowledge economy; university transformation; entrepreneurial university; national innovation system; innovation infrastructure; talents development
- Киселев Константин, (2012), Университеты и экономика, http://www.strf.ru/material.aspx?CatalogId=354&d_no=47994#.VyIQjCOLR-W
- Bajada, C., Trayler, R., (2013) Interdisciplinary Business Education: Curriculum through Collaboration, Education & Training, v55 n4-5 p.385-402.
- Bossio, D., Loch, B., Schier, M., Mazzolini, A. (2014) A Roadmap for Forming Successful Interdisciplinary Education Research Collaborations: A Reflective Approach, Higher Education Research and Development, v33, n2, p.198-211
- Clark, B.R., (1998) Creating Entrepreneurial Universities: Organisational Pathways of Transformation, Issues in Higher Education, Oxford, Pergamon Press for International Association of Universities, 180 pp.
- Clark, B. R., (2004) Sustaining Change in Universities: Continuities in Case Studies and Concepts, Open University Press, 220 pp.
- Constructing Knowledge Societies: New Challenges for Tertiary Education, (2011) The World Bank, Washington, D.C.
- Crow M.M. and Dabars W.B., (2016), Designing the new American university, , Johns Hopkins University Press
- Etzkowitz, H., (2003), Research groups as quasi-firms: the invention of the entrepreneurial university, Research Policy 32: 109-110
- Etzkowitz, H., Dzisah, J., (2008) Rethinking development: circulation in the triple helix, Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, Vol. 20, #6
- Etzkowitz, H., Loet Leydesdorff, (2013) Triple Helix of university-industry-government relations, Encyclopedia of Creativity, Invention, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Etzkowitz, H., (2008), The triple helix: University-Industry-Government Innovation in Action (New York: Routledge
- Gibbons, M. et al. (1994): The New Production of Knowledge, London: Sage Publications
- Global University Venturing, Early Stage Report, 2015
- Harris, M., (2010) Interdisciplinary Strategy and Collaboration: A Case Study of American Research Universities, Journal of Research Administration, v.41 n1 p.22-34
- Husén, T., (1996) The Idea of the University. Changing roles, current crisis and future challenges, in. Morsy, Z. and Altbach, P.G. (eds.) Higher Education in an International Perspective, Critical Issues, New York, Garland Publishing, pp. 3-20.
- Ka Ho Mok, (2013), The quest for the entrepreneurial universities in East Asia, PALGRAVE MACMILLAN
- Laprise, R., Thivierge, R. L., (2012) Using Speed Dating Sessions to Foster Collaboration in Continuing Interdisciplinary Education, Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions, v32 n1 p.24-30
- McCoy, S. K., Gardner, S. K., (2012) Interdisciplinary Collaboration on Campus: Five Questions, Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning, v44 n6 p.44-49
- Morris, L., (2009) The Innovation Infrastructure, International Journal of Innovation Science, Volume 1, #1
- Nelson, A.R., Wei, I.P., (2012) The Global University, PALGRAVE MACMILLAN
- National university of Singapore, annual reports, (2010-2015)
- Crow M.M. and Dabars W.B., Designing the new American university, 2016, Johns Hopkins University Press; Nelson A.R. and Wei I.P., The global university, 2012, PALGRAVE MACMILLAN
- O’Shea, R.P., Allen, T.J., Morse, K.P., O’Gorman, C., Roche, F., (2007) Delineating the anatomy of an entrepreneurial university: the Massachusetts Institute of Technology experience, R&D Management, 37, 1
- Smithson, J., Hennessy, C., Means, R., (2012) Online Interaction and "Real Information Flow": Contrasts between Talking about Interdisciplinarity and Achieving Interdisciplinary Collaboration, Journal of Research Practice, v8 n1 Article P1
- Shane, S., (2004) Academic Entrepreneurship: University Spin-Offs and Wealth Creation. UK: Edward Elgar
- Strauss, A.L. (1987) Qualitative Analysis for Social Scientists, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Tadmor, Z., (2006) Redefining Engineering Disciplines for the 21st century, Bridge, 36 (2)
- WIPO, World International Property Report «Вreakthrough Innovation and Economic Growth», 2015
- Wong, P.K., Ho Y.P., Singh, A.A., (2007) Towards an “entrepreneurial university” model to support knowledge-based economic development: the case of the National University of Singapore. World Development, 35(6), pp. 914–959
- Ziman, J. (2000), Real Science. What it is and what it means, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press