In the scientific sources considerable attention is paid to the development of regional innovation clusters. Cluster development should be seen as the dissemination of new knowledge. That provides the effective interaction of different economic entities; the emergence of new businesses, including knowledge-intensive businesses; dissemination of innovative products. That is one of the most powerful competitive advantages of the region and the country as a whole. Nowadays there are the mechanisms of the state support of clusters in Russia. And there is also the positive experience of enterprises activity within the cluster and the interaction of enterprises with international counterparties in Russia. As for the Russian business it is a competitive advantage and a strong position in the international and Russian markets, and also it is a high export potential of cluster participants. In the context of the cooperation between Russian and European companies within the cluster there are opened the additional possibilities of obtaining the advanced industrial technologies by Russian companies and also the opportunities to access to the international markets for Russian businesses. The economics development of St. Petersburg should be viewed as subject to the formation of innovative clusters. The article describes the main priority directions of economics development in the form of functioning of such clusters as: automotive industry; harmaceutics; radiology; shipbuilding; high technologies and engineering; electronics; information technologies; the power plant industry. The author especially emphasizes promising lusters of the city such as innovative cluster of Arctic and the cluster of «clean» technologies, which together with other territorial associations are able to act as drivers of economic development of St. Petersburg
Keywords: innovative clusters of territory, cluster policy, enterprises of the cluster, enterprises of innovation activity, competitive potential of the territory
1. Smirnova L.M., Ivanova S.A. The competition regions in globalization: the cluster approach. Vestnik tuymeskoko universiteta [Bulletin of the Tyumen State University] no 4, 2009, pp 240-246. (In Russian).
2. Zhuravleva E.A. Theoretical aspects of regional industry competitiveness. Ekonomika i upravlenie [Economics and management] no 1, 2011, p. 101. (In Russian).
3. Zakon Sankt-Peterburga ob osnovah promyshlenoy politiki [Legislation of St. Petersburg “About the basics of industrial policy of St. Petersburg”] no 315-55, 13.05.2009.
4.Koncepciya dolgosrochnogo razvitiya socialno-economicheskogo razvitiya Rossiskoy Federatsii [The concept of long term socio-economic development of the Russian Federation] no 1662-p. 17.11.2008.
5. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po realizatsii klasternoy politiki v sub’ektah Rossiskoy Federatsii [Methodical recommendations on the implementation of cluster policy in the Russian Federation] no 20615-ак/д19, 26.12.2008.
6. Gohberg L.M., Shadrina A.E. Pilotnye territorial’nye klastery v Rossiskoy Federatsii [The pilot innovative territorial clusters in the Russian Federation] Moscow, National research University "Higher school of Economics", 2013, p.108. (In Russian).
7. Poruchenie Predsedatelya Pravitel’stva Rossiskoy Federatsii [The Order of The Prime Minister Of The Russian Federation] no ДМ-П8-5060, 28.08.2012
8.Postanovlenie Pravitelstva Sankt-Peterburga [Resolution of the Government of St. Petersburg] no 835, 28.06.2011.
9. Prilogenie k Postanovleniyu Pravitelstva Sankt-Peterburga [Annex to the Resolution of the Government of St. Petersburg] no 835, 28.06.2011.
10. A cluster of high technology and engineering. Materials of Committee on industrial policy and innovation St. Petersburg. Available at: http://cppi.gov.spb.ru/promishlennost_i_apk/klaster-vysokih-tehnologij-i-inzhiniringa (in Russian).
11. Osnovy gosudarstvennoi politiki Rossiskoy Federatsii v Arktiki na period do 2020 goda I dalneyshuyu perspektivu. Ukaz Prezidenta RF. [Decree of President Russian Federation], no Пр-1969, 18.09.2008.
12. Strategiya razvitiya Arkticheskoy zony Rossiskoy Federatsii I obespecheniya natsionalnoy bezopasnosti na period do 2020 goda. Ukaz Prezidenta RF [Decree of President Russian Federation], no Пр – 232, 06.02.2013.
13. Directions of development of the Arctic cluster. Materials of the Government of St. Petersburg Available at: http://gov.spb.ru/gov/morsovet/news/38776/.(In Russian).
14. Saint-Petersburg cleantech Cluster for urban environment. Materials of the Non-profit Organization "Town house property owners Association of St. Petersburg”. Available at: http://spbgorod.nethouse.ru/articles/80354. (In Russian).
15. Global Cleantech Cluster Association. Available at: http://www.globalcleantech.org