Article presents the results of analyses of problems of staffing of innovative economy of Russia; the data of quality of manpower on the example of St. Petersburg are given. The results of assessment of the factors of stopping of involvement of graduates to the scientific and innovative sphere are presented. Paper gives the recommendations for development and modernisation of educational process in VET schools and universities
Keywords: innovative economy, scientific and innovative sphere, economic activity of the population, staffing, professional education, graduates, competences
1. The condition of business climate in Russia in 2014 // Annual review/ RSPP. Moscow. March 2015.
[digital resource]: http://media.rspp.ru/document/1/a/e/aeef84d30097f6e457871ae66f34ab7f.pdf.
2. Results of activity of Committee on science and the higher school in 2014.//Government of St. Petersburg, Committee on science and the higher school. SPb.: 2015. 55 pages. [digital resource]: http://knvsh.gov.spb.ru/committee/itogi2010/.
3. The concept of long-term social and economic development of the Russian federation for the period till 2020 / Approved by the order of the Government of the Russian Federation of November 17, 2008 No. 1662-p.
4. The Strategy of innovative development of the Russian Federation for the period till 2020. / Approved by the order of the Government of the Russian Federation of November 08/12/2011 No. 2227-p.
5. Ivanov S.A., Snopova S.M., Workforce of the innovative sphere in the situation of transformation of social and economic space of regions of Russia. / Prospects of development of Russia and Germany as members of the WTO. Scientific articles / Under the editorship of L.P.Sovershayeva. SPB. GUAP, 2013. p. 38-40.
6. Goskomstat of Russian Federation. Employment review 2002-2014. [digital resource]: http://www.gks.ru/bgd/regl/b14_30/Main.htm.
7. Health care, education, culture in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region in 2013. Statistic review /Petrostat. – SPb., 2014. 163 pages.