The research is dedicated to empirical analysis of incentives and barriers for the process of commercialization of technological developments and is based on survey of Russian technology-based companies. The differences between approaches to commercialization were investigated based on the parameter of size of a company. It was revealed that key problems for Russian technology-based companies are lack of qualified personnel, non-readiness for IPO and lack of knowledge about this instrument of commercialization, small amount of basic innovation expensive debt financing. Hypothesizes confirmed that business tend to develop basic innovations mostly in time of depression and that at the stage of maturity and decline presence of routines prevent companies from implementation of innovations. Experience of Russian companies in implementation of the Triple helix concept was analyzed based on survey data. It was confirmed that realization of the Triple helix concept by big technologybased companies in Russia stimulates implementation of basic innovations
Keywords: technology-based company, empirical study, commercialization, innovation policy, Triple Helix, IPO
- T.P.Nikolaeva, E.M.Korostyshevskaya. What infrastructure is necessary to small-skale business? // Innovations. 2011. № 3. С. 33-37. ( in Russian)
- E.M.Korostyshevskaya.. Conception of venture financing of small-skale innovatine business. State support in Russia and in the World. Palmarium Academic Publishing, 2012. (in Russian)
- Е. М. Коростышевская, Т. П. Николаева. Venture Finansing of small Innovative Business in Russia// University Proceedings. Volga Region. Economic sciences 2013. № 1. С. 12-23. ( in Russian)
- A.A.Trifilova , E.M.Korostyshevskaya Innovation Policy of Russia: Review of the publications of Russian Journal «Innovation» from 1996 till 2016 .//Innonations. 2016. № 5. P. 60-70.
- E.M.Korostyshevskaya.. Priorities of State Innovation Policy in Science Technology Sector in Russia and Competitiveness Improvement of Manufacturing //Innovations. 2014. № 4. С. 49-53. ( in Russian)
- E. Korostyshevskaya, S. Rumyantseva, I. Samylov. Determination and realization of scientific and technological priorities of Russia in the context of globalization//Globalization and its socio-economic consequences, 17th international scientific conference. University of Zilina, Proceedings (Part III.) 3 th –5 th October 2017 Rajecke Teplice, Slovak Republic. P. 1044-1051.
- E. Korostyshevskaya, S. Rumyantseva, I. Samylov. Commercialization of technological development in Russia: Triple Helix (using the example of ITMO University//Complexities of Multi-actor Innovation. The Triple Helix and beyond new era. XVI Triple Helix conference, 5-8 september 2018, Manchester, England.
- I. O. Samylov. Strategic goals of an innovation-oriented company while going to an IPO // Innovations, 2016. № 5. P. 119-127. (in Russian)
- I. Samylov, E. Korostyshevskaya, S. Rumyantseva. Value creation mechanism of a small technology-based firm in a context of globalization//Globalization and its socio-economic consequences, 17th international scientific conference. University of Zilina, Proceedings (Part V.) 3 th –5 th October 2017 Rajecke Teplice, Slovak Republic. P. 2267-2274.
- С. Ю. Румянцева, Е. М. Коростышевская, И. О. Самылов. Commercialization of technological development: the synthesis of theoretical approaches with the consideration of cyclical development//Innovations. 2017. № 12. С. 59-67. (in Russian)
- P.VSushkov, E.V.Popova. The purpose of the legislation improvement — is the creation of stimulus condition for commercialization of technologies (foreign txperience in the sphere of regulation jf the rights on the results of scientific and technical activities) //Innovations. 2007. № 4. P. 3-8. ( In Russian)
- O.G.Djachenco, S.A.Karev. , С. А. Карев. Ways and problems of commercialization of University technologies //Innovastions. 2007. № 6. С. 15-17. (In Russian)
- Costina G.D., Andrianova N.A., Andrianov O.Z. Organization basics of innovation product commercialization // Innovations. 2009. № 7. P. 95-99. (in Russian)
- N.N.Butryumova, M.G.Nazarov, E.A. Fiyaksel, Pamela Mari Igan. Legislative barriers to conducting innovative activity in Russia: results of a study// Innovations. 2016. № 12. С. 16-27.
- M.I.Berkovich, N.I.Antipina. Innovative development of «gazelles» and «new business» in Russia: the systemic-structural analysis // Innovations. 2017. № 2. P. 29-38. (in Russian)
- Baskakova D. Yu., Belash O. Yu., Ryzhov N.G., Ryaskov Ya. S., Ryaskova E.B.. The Assessment of University and Business Cooperation //Innovations. 2016. № 10. P. 86-92. (in Russian)
- World Bank statistics portal: https://data. worldbank.org.
- Novartis AG annual report for 2017: https://www. novartis.com/investors/novartis-annual-report/novartis-annualreport-2017.
- G. Mensch. Stalemate in Technology — Innonations overcome the Depression. New York, Ballinger Publishing Company, 1979. 241 p.
- I.Shumpeter. The theory of Economic Development. М.: «Progress», 1982. 456 p. (in Russian)
- R.Foster Innovation. The Attacker's Advantage. Summit Books. New York. 1986
- R.R.Nelson, C.G. Winter. An Evolutionary Theory of Economic Change. Harvard University Press. Cambridge, Massachusetts and London, England 1982
- C.Perez. Technological Revolutions and Financial Capital: The Dynamics of Bubbles and Golden Ages, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK, 2002.,198 pages.
- The website of the international rating agencies Standart & Poors. https://www.standardandpoors.com.
- The website of the International monetary Fund. https://www.imf.org/ external.
- Bankers without borders. Global financial development report 2017-2018. https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/bitstream/ha ndle/10986/28482/9781464811487.pdf.