Many huge companies, that own a variety of intellectual property rights, face with the problem of choosing those of them, that are to be the objects of
priority investments within the process of commercialization. This task becomes more complicated if the company, that takes this decision, is diversified.
Thus its results of intellectual activity probably belong to different industries. Within the research authors try to substantiate forming the portfolio of the
results of intellectual property rights on the base of classical portfolio analysis. The suggested methodology of forming the portfolio of intellectual property
rights is interesting for diversified corporations; venture funds, that choose startups within the stage, when the only asset startup has is intellectual property;
for the centers of technology transfer, based on universities.
Keywords: results of intellectual activities, investment portfolio, commercialization of intellectual property, strategic management of intellectual property.
- S. V. Valdaitsev, S. V. Myasnikova, E. A. Spiridonova. Strategic planning of commercialization of intellectual products//Vestnik SPbGU (Vestnik of Saint Petersburg State University). 2009. № 2. P. 70-81. (In Russian.)
- E. A. Spiridonova. Key aspects of optimization of intellectual property commercialization//Vestnik SPbGU (Vestnik of Saint Petersburg State University). 2013. № 3. P. 83-94. (In Russian.)
- S. Yu. Fabrichniy, O. A. Ruzakova. Commercialization of intellectual property: regulation problems//Patenti i litsenzii. Intellectualnie prava. 2017. № 7. P. 41-47. (In Russian.)
- T. V. Kolosova. Improvement of management of economic system based on the formation of intangible assets portfolio//Кreativnaya ekonomika. 2009. Vol 3. № 5. P. 119-124.(In Russian.)
- A. S. Volkov. Formation of intellectual property objects’ portfolio for scientific organizations in view of risks//Intellektualnaya sobstvennost. Promishlennaya sobstvennost.2013. № 10. P. 64-68 (In Russian.)
- M. V. Ivanova. Methodical Approach to portfolio formation of intellectual property objects of oil and gas companies//Problemi ekonomiki I upravleniya neftegazovim kompleksom. 2017. № 6. P. 33-37. (In Russian.)
- H. M. Markowits. Portfolio Selection//Journal of Finance. 1952. Vol. 7. Issue 3. Р. 71-91.
- F. Black, M. C. Jensen, M. Scholes. The Capital Asset Pricing Model: Some Empirical Tests. Studies in the Theory of Capital Markets. New York: Praeger Publishers, 1972. Р. 79-121.
- J. Tobin. Liquidity preference as behavior towards risk//The Review of Economic Studies. 1958. Vol. 25. Issue 2. P. 65-86.
- J. Lintner. The valuation of risk assets and the selection of risky investments in stock portfolios and capital budgets//Review of Economics and Statistics. 1965. Vol. 47. Issue 1. Р. 13-37.
- W. F. Sharp. Capital asset prices: a theory of market equilibrium under conditions of risk//The Journal of Finance. 1964. Vol. 19. Issue 3. P. 425-442.
- R. S. Hamada. The Effect of the Firm's Capital Structure on the Systematic Risk of Common Stocks//The Journal of Finance. 1972. Issue 27 (2). P. 435-452.
- E. F. Fama, K. R. French. Size, value, and momentum in international stock returns//Journal of Financial Economics. 2012. Elsevier. Issue 105 (3). P. 457-472.
- E. V. Kairysh, E. A. Spiridonova, E. I. Umnjakova. Formation of portfolio of the results of intellectual activity as the stage of developing the strategy of their commercialization/ Ed. O. N. Korableva, M. I. Barabanova. A. A. Zayceva and others//Тehnologicheskaja perspektiva v ramkah Evraziyskogo prostranstva: novie rinki i tochki ekonomicheskogo rosta. StP.: Tsentr nauchnih issledovaniy «Asterion», 2018. P. 70-79. (In Russian.)
- P. V. Konjuhovskii, A. S. Malova. Game theory. M.: Edition Urait, 2017. 252 p. (In Russian.)