The results of studies of the Russian corporate venture sector are presented. All countries are in their infancy: official venture capital funds are operating in the country, Russia’s share in the number of transactions concluded in 2018. It accounts for about 1,9% of the total corporate sector, and the total volume of venture investments of Russian companies is less than 0,5% of the total. Based on expert opinions, analytical reviews and interviews with the leaders of the Russian Federation, the main barriers to corporate venture investment in Russia were identified: the lack of legislative regulation, limited access to foreign markets, a conservative corporate culture of the established practice of the functioning of the CVF. A justified conclusion about the ways to overcome the stock, a demonstration of the interest of the authorities, improving the legal regulation of venture capital funds
Keywords: corporate venture capital, venture capital, big companies, corporate innovation, accelerators
- The 2018 Global CVC Report. 2019. https://www.cbinsights.com/research/report/corporate-venture-capital-trends-2017.
- О. А. Eremchenko. Corporate venture capital: global trends and evaluation of Russia’s prospects//The Economics of Science. 2019. № 2. P. 114-128.
- Promotion of technology. Annual Report of the Russian Venture Company. RVC. https://report2018.rvc.ru/ru/russian-venture-market.html.
- A. Tanaka, E. Proux. Corporate Venture Capital: Specific features and relative analysis against independent venture capital/Under the supervision of prof. Aram Attar. HEC Paris. 2016. 46 р.
- C. Vančura. Financial Metrics in Corporate Venture Capital: Enhancing Strategic Value by Focusing on Financial Goals. https://www.kauffmanfellows.org/journal_posts/financial-metrics-in-corporate-venture-capital.
- J. Lerner. The architecture of innovation: the economics of creative organizations. Cambridge: Harvard Business Review Press. 2012. https://hbr.org/product/the-architectureof-innovation-the-economics-of-creative-organizations/10796-HBK-ENG.
- H. W. Chesbrough. Making sense of corporate venture capital//Harvard Business Review. 2002. № 80 (3). P. 90-99.
- Venture Russia. 2018 Results. Dsight. https://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/ey-venture-russia-2018/$FILE/ey-venture-russia-2018.pdf.
- А. Basov. Angels will return: what will happen to the venture investment market in 2019. RVC. https://www.rvc.ru/press-service/media-review/rvk/139425/?sphrase_id=17962.
- The first interbank fintech accelerator. Fintech Lab. http://fintech-lab.ru.
- Ministry of Economic Development proposed creating «sandboxes» for testing innovations//Vedomosti. 11.01.2019. https://www.vedomosti.ru/technology/news/2019/01/11/791190-eksperimentalnih-pravovih-rezhimov.
- The medical company Invitro. Innovation policy. Invitro. https://www.invitro.ru/about/innovacii.
- The results of the innovative solutions competition «Uralchem-Growth Element» have been announced. Uralchem. http://www.uralchem.ru/press/news/2422316.
- Transmashholding opens an innovative laboratory//Yandex. 29.05.2018. https://zen.yandex.ru/media/id/5aa658de168a91aa24b5443f/transmashholding-otkryvaetinnovacionnuiu-laboratoriiu-5b0d12d23c50f79e15532173.
- E. Semikyan. Sberbank will invest 27 million rubles in six start-ups following the results of the internal accelerator Sber#Up//Rusbase. 08.08.2018. https://rb.ru/news/sberbank-startup-akselerator.
- Rostec will direct 100 million rubles to civilian startups at its enterprises//Rostec. 05.08.2019. https://rostec.ru/news/rostekh-napravit-100-mln-rubley-na-grazhdanskiestartapy-na-svoikh-predpriyatiyakh.
- List of instructions following the results of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum//Official web-site of Russian President. 14.07.2017. http://kremlin.ru/acts/assignments/orders/54793.
- Russian Federation Government Decree dated 16 July 2015 № 708 «On special investment contracts for selected industries»//Garant. https://base.garant.ru/77670283.
- Federal law of Russian Federation dated 25 Fabruary 1999 № 39-FZ «On investment activity in the Russian Federation carried out in the form of capital investments» (with amendments and additions)//Garant. https://base.garant.ru/12114699.
- Federal law of Russian Federation dated 22 April 1996 № 39-FZ «About the securities market»//Garant. https://base.garant.ru/77668247.
- Federal law of Russian Federation dated 29 November 2001 № 156-FZ «About investment funds» (with amendments and additions)//Garant. https://base.garant.ru/77682778.
- Federal law of Russian Federation dated 28 November 2011 № 335-FZ «About investment partnership» (with amendments and additions)//Garant. https://base.garant.ru/12192380.
- Federal law of Russian Federation dated 3 December 2011 № 380-FZ «About business partnerships» (with amendments and additions)//Garant. https://base.garant.ru/70102530.
- Instructions of the Bank of Russia dated 5 September 2016 № 4129-U «On the composition and structure of assets of joint-stock investment funds and assets of mutual investment funds»//ConsultantPlus. http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_204480.
- A. Posypkina, E. Balenko. RVC presents an annual rating of the most active venture investors in Russia. RVC. https://www.rvc.ru/press-service/news/investment/138693/?sphrase_id=17962.
- Softline Corporate Venture Fund. Softline. https://softlinevp.com/ru.
- LETA Capital. LETA Capital, 2019. https://leta.vc/?change_lng=ru.