The paper presents a comparative dynamic analysis of indicators characterizing financial and personnel components of the scientific potential of Russia and of the countries — leaders in science. It emphasizes the presence of a close relationship between innovations, economic growth and welfare, as well as the dependence of the technological and socio-economic development of the country on the level of science and innovation. A statistical review of key indicators of R&D financing is given both in absolute and relative terms: appropriations from the government budget; internal costs for research and development. An analysis of the number of R&D personnel in the distribution by the main sections of statistical observation is also given
Keywords: international comparisons, science allocations, domestic R&D costs, R&D personnel.
- U. Akcigit, S. Ates, G. Impullitti. Innovation and trade policy in a globalized world. National Bureau of Economic Research Working Paper, 2017.
- E. Carayannis, E. Grigoroudis. Quadruple innovation helix and smart specialization: Knowledge production and national competitiveness//Foresight and STI Governance. 2016. 10 (1): 31-42. (In Russian.) doi: 10.17323/1995-459x.2016.1.31.42.
- M. Delgado, M. E. Porter, S. Stern. Clusters, convergence, and economic performance//Research Policy. 2014; 43 (10): 1785-1799. doi:10.1016/j.respol.2014.05.007.
- E. A. Kirillova. Comparative analysis of the main trends in the interaction of scientific and educational organizations with industrial enterprises//Management Sciences. 2021. 11 (4): 86-98. (In Russian.) doi:10.26794/2404-022X 2021-11-4-86-98.
- О. Bulygina, A. Emelyanov, G. Ross, Y. Yashin. Investments, innovations, import substitution: simulation with elements of artificial intelligence in project risk management// Prikladnaya Informatika [Journal of Applied Informatics]. 2020. Vol. 15. № 1 (85). P. 68-102. (In Russian.) doi: 10.24411/1993-8314-2020-10006.
- L. I. Tsedilin. Funding of science: a comparison of approaches and outcomes in Russia and Germany//Voprosy ekonomiki [Questions of Economics]. 2021. № 2. P. 147-160. (In Russian.)
- T. I. Chinaeva. Innovative activity and its impact on the development of industry/Managing editor V. I. Gerasimov//In the collection: Russia: trends and development prospects. Yearbook. Institute of Scientific Information on Social Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences. M.: Institute of Scientific Information on Social Sciences RAS, 2018. P. 596-600.
- Global Innovation Index, 2021. https://www.globalinnovationindex.org.
- Global Economic Prospects. World Bank. Washington, DC: World Bank, 2020. 234 p. https://doi.org/10.1596/978-1-4648-1553-9.
- OECD Economic Outlook. Vol. 2020. Issue 1. № 107. OECD, 2020. 333 p. https://doi.org/10.1787/0d1d1e2e-en.
- IMF Annual Report 2121. https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/ar/2021/eng/downloads/imf-annual-report-2021-ru.pdf.
- V. P. Zavarukhin, O. A. Solomentseva, M. A. Solopova, T. I. Chinaeva et al. Indicators of the development of Russian and world science: a comparative analysis: analitikostatisticheskiy sbornik [analytical and statistical collection]. Iss. 3. M.: IPRAN RAN, 2021. 200 p. (In Russian.)
- I. V. Danilin. Impact of the crisis on innovation and technological development: failure, breakthrough, opportunity?//Scientific works of the Free Economic Society of Russia. 2020, 225 (5). P. 201-238. (In Russian.)
- S. I. Chernykh, N. D. Frolova, D. V. Baybulatova et al. Zarubezhnyy opyt finansirovaniya issledovaniy i razrabotok i vozmozhnosti yego primeneniya [Foreign experience in financing research and development and the possibility of its application]. M.: Institute for Problems of Science Development, Russian Academy of Sciences, 2020. 232 p. (In Russian.)
- Main Science and Technology Indicators, № 1, OECD. Paris: Unesco, 2021.
- T. I. Chinaeva. The effects of economic uncertainty: the impact on the main indicators of the financial component of scientific and innovative activities//Finansovaya analitika: problemy i resheniya [Financial analytics: problems and solutions]. 2017; 10; 2 (332): 144. (In Russian.)
- N. E. Egorov/ Comparative analysis of the financial expenditure of the countries of the world and Russia on R&D//Voprosy innovatsionnoi ekonomiki [Russian Journal of Innovation Economics]. 2019; 9 (4): 1205-1214. (In Russian.) doi: 10.18334/vinec.9.4.41246.
- T. V. Сhechenkina, K. S. Kucherenko. Russian science in the context of cross-country comparisons: review of R&D funding indicators//Science. Innovation. Education. 2016. № 3. P. 123-135. (In Russian.)
- I. Danilin. Modern U.S. Science and Technology Policy: Tools and Key Guidelines. M.: IMEMO RAN, 2011. 140 с. (In Russian.)
- L. E. Mindeli, L. K. Pipiia, V. E. Chistiakova. Voprosy obespecheniia intellektual’no-kadrovoy bezopasnosti Rossii [Issues of ensuring intellectual and personnel security in Russia]. M.: Institut problem razvitiia Rossiyskoy akademii nauk, 2018. 84 p.
- L. G. Zubova. Kadrovyy potentsial rossiyskoy nauki [Personnel potential of the Russian science]//Vestnik Rossiyskoy akademii nauk [Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences]. 2012. Vol. 82. № 8. P. 712-718. (In Russian)
- A. G. Allahverdyan. Dynamics of development of Russian science: personnel and gender analysis//Naukovedcheskie issledovaniya. M., 2018. S. 16-25. (In Russian.)
- Q. Wan, J. Chen, Z. Yao, L. Yuan. Preferential tax policy and R&D personnel flow for technological innovation efficiency of China’s high-tech industry in an emerging economy// Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 174, 2022.
- V. I. Kuznetsov, E. I. Larionova, T. I. Chinaeva. Analysis of China’s Economy in the 21st Century//Statistics and Economics. V. 18. № 2. 2021