The article examines the possibility of competition in public procurement of scientific and technological products. The method of analyzing M. Porter's «five forces» of competition was chosen as the basis for the study. It is shown that despite some positive aspects, such as the high availability of participation in competitive procedures, in general, the existing procurement system does not contribute to the development of competition in the scientific and technological sphere. The negative factors of the existing system have a double-edged sword on both the supplier and the customer. In addition, improving public procurement procedures requires a rather complex choice of two options: optimizing the market and maximizing customer costs or encouraging innovation and striving for the quality of purchased products
Keywords: public procurement, scientific and technological products, «five forces» of competition, supplier, customer, market power, cartels
- The Institute Of Public Procurement In The Modern Russian Economy/Edited by I. I. Smotritskaya, S. I. Chernykh. М., 2016. 280 р. (In Russ.)
- S. I. Chernykh, O. A. Koshkareva. The realities of the system of public procurement of scientific and technological products//Innovation. № 7. 2019. P. 9-15. (In Russ.)
- M. Porter. Competition/Per. s engl. M.: Publishing house «Williams», 2005. 608 p. (In Russ.)
- M. Porter. Competitive Strategy: Methods for analyzing industries and competitors. 4th ed. Moscow: Alpina publisher, 2011. 433 p. (In Russ.)
- A. M. Brandenburger, B. J. Nalebuff. The Right Game: Use Game Theory to Shape Strategy//Harvard Business Review. Vol. 73. № 4. 1995. P. 57-71.
- Joint Stock Company «Afrikantov OKB Mechanical Engineering». http://www.okbm.nnov.ru/company/general-information. (In Russ.)
- The Federal State unitary enterprise «Alexandrov Research Institute of technology». http://www.niti.ru/1_enterprise/enterprise_.html. (In Russ.)
- O. Anchishkina. Contract Institutions in the Russian Economy: The sphere of state, municipal, and regulated procurement//Voprosy Ekonomiki. 2017. № 11. P. 93-110. (In Russ.)
- P. Kevin. Coyne and Somu Subramaniam, Bringing Discipline to Strategy//McKinsey Quarterly. 1996. Vol. 33. № 4. P. 14-25.
- Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation. State Duma. Transcript of the meetings. Bulletin № 280 (1828). February 19, 2020 – Publication of the State Duma. P. 41-42. (In Russ.)
- Antitrust regulation in the digital age/Edited by A. Yu. Tsarikovsky, A. Yu. Ivanov, E. A. Voynikanis. Moscow: HSE publishing house, 2018. 311 p. (In Russ.)
- The Federal Antitrust Service. https://fas.gov.ru/news/29560. https://fas.gov.ru/news/29757. (In Russ.)
- P. Goltsova. Cartel agreement on 44-FZ: how to identify at auction and what to do. State Contract. December 5, 2019. (In Russ.) https://yandex.ru/turbo?text=https%3A%2F%2Fgoskontract.ru%2Ftender%2Fkartelnyy-sgovor-po-44-fz-kak-opoznat-na-torgakh-i-chto-delat.