The article examines the factors affecting the innovative environment of universities, as well as risk management in educational institutions of higher education. The paper identifies risks, estimates the likelihood of their occurrence and the severity of the consequences using the example of an innovative project of Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University.
The relevance of the study is based on the fact that in the modern Russian economy there is a strong aggravation of the competitive struggle of any organizations, including universities. Environmental protection is one of the important factors in modern technological developments, along with increasing efficiency and profitability. Therefore, one of the urgent tasks of universities is the creation and implementation of innovative projects in the internal elements of institutions.
The paper proposes a classification of factors of the innovative environment of the university and an algorithm for identifying the most significant project risks based on statistical processing of primary information.
The research is based on a primary survey of Russian and foreign stakeholders. The work uses statistical and graphical methods for the analysis of primary information.
The result of the work is the proposal of a number of measures to adapt to risks, minimize or neutralize them
Keywords: risk, project, innovation, higher education institution, energy efficiency
- Pupentsova S. V. K voprosu ob upravlenii stoimost`yu i investicionny`m potencialom kompanii [On the issue of managing the value and investment potential of the company]. Innovation economy and industrial policy of region (ECOPROM‑2015),2015, pp. 445–453. (In Russ.)
- Ivanova N. L., Pupentsova S. V. Kolichestvenny`j analiz riskov s pomoshh`yu metoda ocenki posledstviya otkazov [Quantitative risk analysis using the failure impact assessment method]. Organizer of Production, 2017, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 92–101 — DOI: 10.25065/1810–4894–2017–25–4-92–101 (In Russ.)
- Popova P. V., Pupentsova S. V. Stages of development of redevelopment in St. Petersburg. Innovation clusters in the digital economy: theory and practice, 2017. pp. 310–315. DOI: 10.18720/IEP/2017.3/48 (In Russ.)
- M Matysina, Sharipa O. G. Osobennosti riskov innovacionnoj deyatel`nosti vuzov [Features of risks of innovative activity of higher education institutions]. Journal ≪Arctic and Subarctic Natural Resources≫, 2014, no 4 (113), pp. 31–43. (In Russ.)
- Kubar M. A., Dadyka N. N. Teoreticheskij obzor vzgljadov otechestvennyh i zarubezhnyh uchenyh na ponjatie ≪risk≫ [Theoretical Overview of the Views of Domestic and Foreign Scholars on the Concept of "Risk"] Electronic scientific and methodological journal of Omsk state university. — 2016. -№ 4 (7) October-December. — URL: http://e‑journal.omgau.ru/index.php/2016‑god/7/32‑statya‑2016–4/465–00210, — ISSN 2413–4066 (In Russ.)
- Bukharin, N. A. Pupentsova S. V. Ocenka e`ffektivnosti ispol`zovaniya nedvizhimosti obrazovatel`nogo uchrezhdeniya [Evaluation of the effectiveness of using real estate of an educational institution]. University Management: Practice and Analysis, 2016, no 4, pp. 103–110. https://doi.org/10.15826/umj.2016.104.032 (In Russ.)
- Dobrota G. Risk Management in Business — The Foundation of Performance in Economic Organizations, book "Risk Management — Current Issues and Challenges", Nerija Banaitiene, IntechOpen, 2012, DOI: 10.5772/50706
- Yakubovich V. L., Livintsova M. G. Upravlenie riskami pri realizacii innovacionnogo proekta [Risk management in the implementation of an innovative project]. Industrial policy in the digital economy: problems and prospects (ECOPROM‑2017), 2017, pp. 636–641. DOI: 10.18720/IEP/2017.5/96 (In Russ.)
- Silkina G.Yu., Shevchenko S.Yu. Matematicheskoe obosnovanie procedur risk-menedzhmenta v innovacionnom predprinimatel`stve [Mathematical substantiation of risk management procedures in innovative entrepreneurship]. Problems of modern economics, 2012, no 2 (42), pp. 159–162. (In Russ.)
- Silkina G. Yu., Shevchenko S. Yu. Modeli i instrumenti sovremennogo risk-menegmenta [Models and tools of modern risk management]. St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University Journal. Economics, 2009, no. 6–1 (90), pp. 188–194. (In Russ.)
- Skvortsova I. V., Makarov V. M. Innovacionno-obrazovatel`ny`j klaster kak e`ffektivny`j mexanizm razvitiya regional`noj innovacionnoj sistemy` [Innovation and education cluster as an effective mechanism for the development of the regional innovation system]. St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University Journal. Economics, 2013, no 6–2 (185), pp. 173–178. (In Russ.)
- Rudskoy A. I., Nurulin Yu. R., Skvortsova I. V., Nurullin D. Yu. Metodologiya otkry`ty`x innovacij v strategii razvitiya politexnicheskogo universiteta [Methodology of open innovations in the development strategy of the Polytechnic University]. Innovations, 2010, no 7, pp. 51–56. (In Russ.)