This study is devoted to the formation processes of the cluster of information technologies and electronics — the case of the innovative cluster which has been evolving around Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics, Russia. Methodological framework includes monitoring and analysis of expert data, including the results of authors’ own cluster survey, and comparing this data to the reports and official statistics. The paper articulates and examines the characteristics of the “mature” innovation cluster
Keywords: cluster, universities, Tomsk Region, university – industry interaction, university – industry – government interaction
- Mandate of the President of the RF on the results of the State Assembly Presidium’s meeting of November 11, 2011 (Minutes No. Pr-3484GS of November 22, 2011, clause 2, sub-clause «v») (in Russian).
- Resolution of the Government Committee on High Technologies and Innovations of January 30, 2012 (Minutes No. 1, Chapter I, clause 6, sub-clause “b”) (in Russian).
- Resolution of the Ministry of Economic Development of the RF of March 19, 2012 “On competition of pilot programs of innovative regional clusters development” (in Russian).
- List of innovative regional clusters (enacted by the Mandate of the Government of the RF, No.ДМ-П8-5060 of August 28, 2012. URL: http://economy.gov.ru/wps/wcm/connect/8b69c0004ca1ebe280f1ab12ac4184fa/perechen_innovacionnih_klasterov.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=8b69c0004ca1ebe280f1ab12ac4184fa (accessed: 08.11.2016) (in Russian).
- Monastyrniy E.A. Innovation cluster. Innovatsii [Innovation], 2006, no. 2, pp. 38-43 (in Russian).
- Pavlova I.A. Transformatsiya institutov vysshei shkoly i novaya sotsial’no-ekonomicheskaya paradigma: roli, funktsii, vzaimodeistviya sovremennogo universiteta v regional’noy innovatsionnoy sisteme [Transformation of higher school institutions and new socio-economic paradigm: roles, functions and interactions of a modern university in the regional innovation system]. Tomsk: STT, 2016, 232 p. (in Russian).
- Markov L.S., Yagolnitser M.A. Klastery: formalizatsiya vzaimosvyazey v neformalizovannyh proizvodstvennyh strukturah [Clusters: formalizing interactions in non-formalized manufacturing networks]. Novosibirsk: IEOPP SO RAN, 2007, 194 p. (in Russian).
- Rukovodstvo Oslo: rekomandatsii po sboru i analizu dannyh po innovatsiyam [Oslo manual: recommendations on innovation data monitoring]. Moscow: TSISN, 2006, 192 p. (in Russian).
- Research institute of telecommunication systems. URL: https://tusur.ru/ru/o-tusure/struktura-i-organy-upravleniya/departament-nauki-i-innovatsiy/nii-sistem-elektrosvyazi-nii-ses (accessed: 08.11.2016) (in Russian).
- Treysi B. Tochka fokusa [Focal point]. Minsk: Popurri, 2007, 224 p. (in Russian).
- Principles of cooperation. Education-research-innovation complex of TUSUR. URL: http://unique.tusur.ru/index.php/ideologiya/printsipy-vzaimodejstviya (accessed: 20.07.14) (in Russian).
- Ketova.N.V., Pavlova I.A., Pudkova V.V., Uvarov A.F. TUSUR’s experience as an entrepreneurial university: achievements and perspectives. Innovatsii [Innovation], 2014, no. 8, pp. 14-22 (in Russian).
- TUSUR participation in triple helix formation. URL: http://2i.tusur.ru/?page_id=97 (accessed: 08.11.2016) (in Russian).
- Development program of the innovative regional cluster “Information technologies and electronics of Tomsk Oblast”. URL: http://www.myshared.ru/slide/114914/ (accessed: 06.03.2017) (in Russian).
- Federal Law “On the contract system in procurement of goods, works, services for governmental and municipal needs” of April 5, 2013, N 44-FZ (in Russian).
- Lindholm P. Ot mechtaniy innovatsionnoy politiki k surovoy real’nosti ekonomiki [From innovation policy dreaming to severe economic reality], presentation to the oral report. International Forum “From Science to Business”, St.Petersburg, 13-15 May, 2014 (in Russian).
- Minutes No. 2 of the Council meeting for the priority project of the Ministry of economic development of Russia “Development of innovative clusters – leaders of global level investment attractiveness”, No. 9-D01 of October 18, 2016 (in Russian).
- Tomsk cluster SMART Technologies will receive support of the Ministry of Economic Development. RIA Tomsk Information Agency. URL: https://www.riatomsk.ru/article/20161020/tomskij-klaster-smart-technologies-poluchit-podderzhku-minekonomrazvitiya/ (accessed: 06.03.2017) (in Russian).
- Andersson T., Serger S.S., Sörvik J., Hansson E.W. The Cluster Policies Whitebook. IKED, 2004. 250 p.
- Oshaev S. Sostoyanie IT-rynka Tomska [IT-market in Tomsk], presentation to the oral report. Satellite conference “Problems of information society development. Regional aspect” within the framework of XV Tomsk Innovation forum INNOVUS-2013, May 23, 2013, Tomsk.