The article analyzes obstacles to innovation included in the sphere of federal statistical observation. The assessment, ranking, and clustering of the obstacles are carried out. Five classification groups of innovation-active organizations are considered. The groups are shaped from organizations according to their belonging to types of economic activity or subjects of RF and levels of technology complexity of their production or number of their employees. Based on the results of the analysis of the obtained ranks, the most important obstacles are revealed for particular classes of organizations and the economy as a whole. It is necessary to aim particular and common measures of public innovation policy at neutralization of these obstacles. For a number of the most significant obstacles, a correction is proposed for the currently used formulations. It can allow focusing the policy measures more precisely on crucial points in the obstacle space
Keywords: obstacles to innovation, classes of organizations, ranking, classification grouping, statistical monitoring, targeted measures, innovation policy
- The main activities of the Government of the Russian Federation for the period until 2018 (new version) (approved by the Government of the Russian Federation on May 14, 2015) (In Russian).
- The concept of long-term socio-economic development of the Russian Federation for the period until 2020 (approved by the Russian Government's order No. 1662-r of November 17, 2008) (In Russian).
- Strategy of innovative development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020 (approved by the decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 8, 2011 No. 2227-r) (In Russian).
- Rosstat Order No. 442 of September 25, 2015 "On Approval of the Federal Statistical Observation Form No. 4-Innovation" Information on the Innovation Activity of the Organization. "URL: http://base.consultant.ru/cons/cgi/online.cgi?req = Doc; base = LAW; n = 186859; fld = 134; dst = 100771.0; rnd = 0.6411630835014391 (In Russian).
- Indicators of innovation activity: 2015: statistical compendium / N.V. Gorodnikova, L.M. Gokhberg, K.A. Ditkovsky and others; National Higher School of Economics. - Moscow: NIU HSE, 2015 (In Russian).
- Soboleva O.N., Nogovitsyna O.S. Classification of factors of innovative activity of economic entities of the region // Vestnik of Astrakhan State Technical University. Series "Economics". 2014. № 4, pp. 69-75 (In Russian).
- Stroev P.V. Analysis of the factors influencing the innovation activity in the Russian economy // International theoretical and practical journal "Bulletin of the Financial University". No. 2 (68), 2012, pp. 143-148 (In Russian).
- Tokov R.R. Reproductive factors inhibiting the growth of the Russian industry // Scientific bulletin of the Southern Institute of Management. 2014. № 2, pp. 20-27 (In Russian).
- Makarova I.V. Methodology of statistical measurements and evaluation of innovations in industry. URL: http://www.gks.ru/free_doc/new_site/rosstat/NMS/prez-M-160915.pdf (In Russian).
- Domnich E.L. Patent statistics as a measure of the economy of science and innovation in the regions of Russia / / Journal of Innovation, No. 5 (175), 2013, pp. 92-95 (In Russian).
- Matveyev V.A., Ovcharov A.O. Improvement of the methodology of statistical evaluation of innovation results // Journal of Economic Analysis: Theory and Practice, No. 9 (456), 2016, pp. 16-26 (In Russian).
- Technological development of economic sectors. URL: http://www.gks.ru/wps/wcm/connect/rosstat_main/rosstat/en/statistics/economydevelopment/# (In Russian)
- Obolenskaya L.V. The problem of identifying factors that impede innovation and economic and statistical approaches to its solution // Novocherkassk: YURPU (NPI). - Journal of "Drucker's Herald". No. 4, 2016, pp. 124-139 (In Russian).
- Obolenskaya L.V. Identifying the factors hampering innovation in developing countries: benchmarks for the EEU// International Financial Forum "The Financial Centers: Traveling Around the World": materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference. October 4 - October 6, 2016 / ed. M.I. Ermilova. - Saratov: Information Center "Nauka", 2016, pp. 139-146 (In Russian).
- Bogota Manual. Standardization of Indicators of Technological Innovation in Latin American and Caribbean Countries, 2001. URL: http://www.uis.unesco.org/Library/Documents/Bogota%20Manual_eng.pdf.
- Recommendations for the collection and analysis of data on innovation / Joint publication of OECD and Eurostat. Third edition. Translation from English. - Moscow: TsISN, 2010 (In Russian).
- Bugryumova N.N., Nazarov M.G., Fixel E.A. Legislative Barriers to Innovation in Russia / Journal of Innovation, No. 4 (210), 2016, pp. 9-16 (In Russian).
- Obolenskaya L.V., Vasilieva L.V., Rubvalter D.A., Rudensky O.V., Bogachev Yu.S., Kandokhova M.М. Development of a methodology for classifying subjects of innovation activity, depending on the type and nature of this activity and the motivational mechanisms that stimulate innovation. Report on research work No. 795p-P17 of February 14, 2014 (Government of the Russian Federation) (In Russian).
- OK 029-2014 (NACE Rev. 2). All-Russian classifier of economic activities "(approved by the Order of Rosstandart of January 31, 2014 N 14-st) (edited on May 12, 2016) URL: www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_163320. (In Russian).