The article examines the existing state policy in the field of solid waste management and methods of its regulation. The need to transform the current
economic structure in the field of waste management is dictated by a variety of regulatory legal acts, but at the same time, it is not possible to change the
process of waste management towards recycling. One of the methods of influence can be the application of the concept of a green economy, within the
framework of which organizational and economic solutions are proposed to improve the industry for waste management. The paper considers theoretical
concepts and foreign experience in waste management, including economic models of waste management, analyzes the waste market in Russia and the USA.
Consideration of the financial indicators of companies, which are public and non-public, is carried out in order to determine the efficiency of work, as well as
the usefulness for society in terms of the rational use of natural resources and improving the environmental well-being of the population.
Keywords: green economy, Earth overshoot day, energy utilization, waste management operators, dual system
- ONF named 20 «muddy» regional operators and called on governors to carefully assess their ability to cope with the tasks of «garbage reform». 2019. https://onf.ru/2019/03/04/onf-nazval-20-mutnyh-regoperatorov-i-prizval-gubernatorov-vnimatelno-ocenit-ih-sposobnost.
- M. Antal. Green goals and full employment: Are they compatible?//Ecological Economics. 2014. Vol. 107. P. 276-286.
- Battelle Decontamination System — Letter of Authorization. An official website of the United States government Food and Drug Administration approval. https://www.fda.gov/media/136529/download.
- China’s Waste Ban Creates Growth Opportunities for the Circular Economy in Developed Countries. https://ww2.frost.com/news/press-releases/chinas-waste-ban-createsgrowth-opportunities-for-the-circular-economy-in-developed-countries.
- Draft of the National Recycling Strategy USA, 05.10.2020. https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2020-10/documents/draft_national_recycling_strategy_0.pdf.
- Frost & Sullivan Shares Three Key Areas of Development in Waste Recycling. https://ww2.frost.com/news/press-releases/frost-sullivan-shares-three-key-areas-of-developmentin-waste-recycling.
- Mounting Medical Waste from COVID-19 Emphasizes the Need for a Sustainable Waste Management Strategy. https://ww2.frost.com/frost-perspectives/managing-thegrowing-threat-of-covid-19-generated-medical-waste.
- D. Pearce, A. Markandya, E. Barbier. Blueprint for a green economy. London: Earthscan Publ., 1997.
- What Is a «Green Economy?». Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy. http://steadystate.org/what-is-a-green-economy.
- A. I. Arhipov, L. A. Kormishkina, L. P. Koroleva. Resource recycling — a new «growth engine» of the economy in the formula of neo-industrial development//Gorizonty ekonomiki. 2018. № 2 (42). P. 5-16.
- A. V. Volkova. Waste recycling market. M.: High School of Economics [HSE]. Centr razvitia, 2018. 87 p.
- Global debt. Kommersant. https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3694985.
- Green Debt Day 2020: Now or Never. WWF official website. https://wwf.ru/resources/news/zelenaya- ekonomika/den-.
- Law of the Russian Federation «On production and consumption waste», 24.06.1998 № 89. Access from the reference legal system «Consultant-plus».
- Green economy and sustainable development goals for Russia: collective monograph/Pod nauch. red. S. N. Bobyljova, P. A. Kirjushina, O. V. Kudrjavcevoj. M.: Faculty of Economics, Moscow State University n. a. M. V. Lomonosov, 2019. 284 p.
- How the waste management system works in the USA. https://hive-vostok.ru/blog/wastemanagementinus.
- Garbage. Arkady Mamontov Studio. Channel Arkady Mamontov. https://youtu.be/7cselG_9kC0.
- A new look at waste. CDU TEK. http://www.cdu.ru/tek_russia/is- sue/2018/8/504.
- Report on the results of the expert and analytical event «Monitoring the implementation of the activities of the national project «Ecology», including the timeliness of their financial support, achievement of goals and objectives, control points, as well as the quality of management». https://ach.gov.ru/upload/iblock/697/6974665033576448bae98baa0e9626e4.pdf.
- D. H. Medouz, J. Randers, D. L. Medouz. Growth limit: 30 years confused/Per. s angl. [translate] E. S. Oganesjan; pod red. N. P. Tarasovoj. M.: Binom. Laboratorija znani, 2012. 358 p.
- T. A. Selishheva. Green economy as a model for sustainable development of the EAEU countries. Evraziskaia ekonomicheskaia perspektiva: problemy i resheniia [Eurasian economic perspective problems and solutions]. 2018. P. 6-12.
- How separate waste collection works in Sweden. Official site of the ecological project «Recycle». http://recyclemag.ru/article/kak-ustroen-razdelnyiy-sbor-musora-vshvecii.
- Zero Waste: How Sweden is solving the Waste Problem. Oficialnyj sajt Informacionnogo agentstva Rossii [Official website of the Information Agency of Russia] «TASS». http:// tass.ru/obschestvo/4285030.
- O. G. Sokolova, M. V. Polezhaeva. Formation of a solid municipal waste management model. Otraslevaja ekonomika [sectoral economics]. 2019. P. 130-132.
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation «On the national development goals of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2030», № 474 21.07.2020. Official website of the President of Russia [Electronic source]. http://kremlin.ru/events/president/news/63728.
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation «On the establishment of a public law company for the formation of an integrated system for the management of municipal solid waste «Russian ecological operator», № 8 14.01.2019. Official website of the President of Russia. http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/bank/43940.
- Approval of the Presidium of the Council under the President of the Russian Federation for Strategic Development and National Projects «Passport of the National Project «Ecology», 24.12.2018 № 16. Access from the Consultant Plus legal reference system.
- R. Fucks. Green Revolution: economic growth without harm for the environment//Per. s nem [translate]. Moscow: Alpina non-fikshn, 2016. 330 p.
- Goal 12: Ensure the transition to sustainable consumption and production patterns. Official website of the united nations. https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/ru/sustainable-consumption-production.
- N. N. Jashalova. The special significance of the environmental factor for the sustainable development of the national economy: a conceptual analysis//Strategia razvitiia ekonomiki [economic development strategy], 2014. № 14. P. 21-29.
- Yahoo Finance. 2021. https://finance.yahoo.com/?_guc_consent_skip=1619168643.
- MSCI. 2021. https://www.msci.com.
- Audit-it.ru. 2021. https://www.audit-it.ru.
- Rio de Janeiro Declaration on Environment and Development. https://www.un.org/ru/documents/decl_conv/declarations/riodecl.shtml.