Introduction. The article discusses the classic concepts of the product life cycle and technology, defines their relationship. Analyzed modern approaches
and methods of managing the life cycle of products and services in the digital economy. The classification of the main approaches and methods is carried
out in accordance with the stages of the life cycle proposed by the authors and the level of their influence on the key objects of management. The drawbacks
of their application at each stage of the life cycle proposed by the author are revealed.
Data and methods. To prepare the analytical part of the article, the authors used statistical data from open sources. Scientific research methods,
including analysis and synthesis, as well as deduction and generalization methods, were used to form the author’s concept of the product life cycle in the
digital economy, including the stages: creation, organization, digitalization and scaling of products and services. The above methods were used to describe
the disadvantages of applying each of the approaches and methods to life cycle management at a specific stage, as well as to classify existing methods and
approaches in relation to key management objects «Staff» — «Processes» — «Tools».
Results. A concept of the life cycle of products and services has been developed, including, among other things, the stages of digitalization of the value
chain and scaling of products and services, which allows you to build a proven digital value chain focused on meeting current and future customer needs
with a minimum creation time and opportunity fast scaling. Practical approaches and methods are proposed for identifying the consumer properties of
products and services, the formation of a chain of consumer properties, its digitalization and scaling.
Conclusion. The research results can be used as a theoretical basis for building an integrated management system for the development of existing and
creation of new products and services.
Keywords: product and service life cycle, approaches and methods of product and service life cycle management, digitalization and scaling of the value chain
- Adner R. Ecosystem as Structure: An Actionable Construct for Strategy//Journal of Management. — 2017. — Vol. 43. — No. 1, January. — pp. 39–58.
- Anderson Carl R. and Zeithaml Carl P. Stage of the Product Life Cycle, Business Strategy, and Business Performance Available at: https://doi.org/10.2307/255954 (accessed 17.04.2021).
- Ayres Robert U. Barriers and breakthroughs: an “expanding frontiers” model of the technology-industry life cycle/Available at:: https://doi.org/10.1016/0166–4972 (88)90041–7 (accessed 17.04.2021).
- Brusakova Irina, Shurgaev Dmitrij, Fattahov Hamid Model of digital transformation of the value chain manufacturing enterprise International Conference on Digital Technologies in Logistics and Infrastructure (ICDTLI 2019)//Atlantis Highlights in Computer Sciences/Available at: https://doi.org/10.2991/icdtli-19.2019.1 (accessed 17.04.2021).
- Ismail Salim Malone Michael S. van Geest Yuri «Exponential Organizations: Why new organizations are ten times better, faster, and cheaper than yours (and what to do about it)» — 2020, 440 p.
- Fattakhov Kh. I., Ismagilov R.Kh. Losses in the digital economy: methods for identifying, assessing, reducing//Organizator proizvodstva [Production organizer]. — 2018. — Т. 26. — № 3. pp. 34–43/Available at: DOI: 10.25065/1810–4894–2018–26–3-34–43 (in Russian).
- Fattakhov Kh. I., Nefedova Yu. V., Garifullin R. F. Organizational management systems in the digital economy//Vestnik Kazanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. A. N. Tupoleva [Bulletin of the Kazan State Technical University. A. N. Tupolev]. — 2017. — Т. 73. — № 4. pp. 119–123 (in Russian).
- Hallstedt S. I., Isaksson O., Rönnbäck A. O. The Need for New Product Development Capabilities from Digitalization, Sustainability, and Servitization Trends/Available at: https://www.mdpi.com/2071–1050/12/23/10222/pdf , 2020 (accessed 17.04.2021).
- Karpinskaya V. A. Ecosystem as a unit of economic analysis Available at: DOI:10.33276/978–5-8211–0769–5-125–141 (in Russian).
- Leung C., Hsiao A., Hobernicht M., Camp K., Kung V., Tugrul U. Daim. New Product Development. Innovation Management in the Intelligent World под ред. Tugrul U. Daim, Dirk Meissner. — 2020, pp.29–43
- Lopes Nunes M., Pereira A. C., Alves A. C. Smart products development approaches for Industry 4.0/Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2351978917306704?via%3Dihub , 2017, pp.1215–1222 (accessed 17.04.2021).
- Rivest Louis, Braesch Christian, Nyffenegger Felix, Danjou Christophe, Maranzana Nicolas, Segonds Frédéric Identifying PLM themes and clusters from a decade of research literature/Available at: https://dx.doi.org/10.1504/IJPLM.2019.107005 (accessed 17.04.2021).
- Tatsumoto H. Industrial Competitiveness and Design Evolution. — 2018. — pp. 155–188
- Zhipeng Yan, Yan Zhao A New Methodology of Measuring Firm Life-Cycle Stages/Available at: DOI:10.2139/ssrn.893826 (accessed 17.04.2021).
- Digital Economy: Global Trends and Practice of Russian Business/Available at: https://imi.hse.ru/pr2017_1 (in Russian).
- Huawei_P_series/Available at: https://en, wikipedia, org/wiki/Huawei_P_series
- iPhone/Available at: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone
- Samsung Galaxy/Available at: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy
- Xiaomi/Available at: https://ru, wikipedia, org/wiki/Список_смартофонов_Xiaomi