The article analyzes the current state of the oil and gas complex of Russia under the conditions of sanctions, falling oil prices, considers new challenges associated with a catastrophic decrease in demand for restrictions introduced due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The interaction of Russia in the framework of OPEC+ in order to stabilize the hydrocarbon market is considered. The article shows that a serious problem of modern development is the state of the resource base of Russian companies, which affects the structure of industrial reserves that are in the stage of declining production. The problems of technological equipment of the industry are considered. An assumption has been made of a further change in the development of the industry due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to which the development scenario existing until recently is being transformed, the structure of the energy industry as a whole will change in favor of low-carbon sources. To solve the challenges it is necessary to make large investments in the development of modern technologies, digitalization of the industry
Keywords: oil and gas complex of Russia, energy market, sanctions, OPEC +, resource base, low-carbon sources, COVID-19 pandemic, digitalization
- The effect of sanctions on the oil and gas industry in Russia. Topneftegaz. http://topneftegaz.ru/news/view/110264.
- Oil production in the Arctic at the price of WTI oil at $63//A look. Business newspaper. http://www.vz.ru/news/2015/9/15/766958.html.
- Changes and trends in the regulation of the fuel and energy complex of Russia and the world. I quarter of 2020. https://ac.gov.ru/uploads/2-Publications/TEK_obzor/2020.1.TEK.obzor.pdf.
- N. V. Isain. On the cost of oil and gas in Russia//Academy of Energy. 2015. № 2. Electron. print version. http://www.energoacademy.ru/index.php=104.
- A. Konoplyanik, V. Buzovsky, Yu. Popova, N. Troshina. Opportunities and forks of the Arctic shelf//Oil of Russia. 2016. № 1-2. P. 12-17.
- A. E. Kontorovich. Global problems of oil and gas and a new paradigm of development of the oil and gas complex of Russia//Science first hand. 2016. T. 67. № 1. P. 6-17.
- A. G. Korzhubaev, D. A. Lamert, I. V. Filimonova. Regional priorities for the development of the fuel and energy complex of Russia//Scientific Review: Economics and Management. 2012. № 1. P. 57-69.
- L. V. Larchenko. The influence of geopolitical factors on the development of the oil and gas industry//Innovation. 2019. № 6. P. 2-7.
- A. M. Mastepanov. Unconventional sources of oil and gas in the global energy balance: some estimates and prospects//Ecological Bulletin of Russia. 2015. № 1. P. 11-17.
- The results of a global survey of the World Energy Council: a pandemic leads to global changes in the energy system. https://rusenergyweek.com/news/rezultaty-globalnogooprosa-mirovogo-energeticheskogo-soveta-pandemiya-vedet-k-globalnym-peremenam-v.
- I. I. Sechin. Report at the Energy Companies Summit of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF-2016): «World hydrocarbon markets at a fork: reducing investment in the face of uncertainty or risk management?» (July 17, 2016). https://www.rosneft.ru / upload / site1 / attach /0/03/Vystuplenie.pdf.
- I. I. Sechin. Report on the Energy Panel of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF-2018) «Oil Markets: Risks or New Opportunities» (May 25, 2018). https://www.rosneft.ru/upload/site1/attach/0/63/11/ pdf_25052018.pdf.
- V. A. Skorobogatov, S. N. Sivkov, S. A. Danilevsky. Problems of resource support of natural gas production in Russia until 2050//News of gas science. 2013. № 5 (16). P. 4-14.
- A. N. Tokarev. Risks of tax maneuvers in the oil complex//Siberian Financial School. 2015. № 3. P. 43-48.
- E. M. Halimov. Innovative development of oil field development technology//Oil and gas geology. Theory and practice. 2008. № 3. Electronic version of the press. publ. http://www.ngtp.ru/rub/2008/18_2008.html.
- Global oil discoveries and new projects fell to historic lows in 2016. http://www.iea.org/newsroom/news/2017/april/global-oil-discoveries-and-new-projects-fell-to-historiclows-in-2016.html.
- L. V. Larchenko, R. A. Kolesnikov, G. P. Tumanova, V. A. Kibenko. Economic Problems of Exploring Hydrocarbons in Russian Northern Provinces in the Context of International Interests//International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy (IJEEP). Vol 6. № 3. 2016. P.529-536.
- Online conference «COVID-19: accelerate the transition to the energy of the future for all», June 17, 2020. https://worldenergycongressrussia.org/news/budushchee_energetiki_posle_covid_19_mirovoy_energeticheskiy_sovet_obsudil_glavnye_vektory_razvitiya