The high uncertainty of the pharmaceutical market environment justifies the relevance of using predictive analysis methods based on open data. The authors propose a methodological approach that provides for the construction of the patent landscape in conjunction with a categorical analysis of the pharmaceutical organizations product portfolio. The practical implementation of the proposed approach is illustrated by analyzing behavioral models of pharmaceutical organizations specializing in the development and market launch of antidiabetic drugs. The results allow us to draw reasonable conclusions about the models of competitive behavior of Russian and foreign organizations that have different rank of production facilities localization without using commercial data
Keywords: pharmaceutical market, technological development, patent landscape, category analysis
- Rossijskij rynok preparatov dlja lechenija saharnogo diabeta rastet v natural'nom i stoimostnom vyrazhenii [The Russian market of drugs for the treatment of diabetes is growing in natural and cost terms]//Bol'nichnaja apteka [Hospital pharmacy]. 2019. № 2. (In Russian.) http://clinical-pharmacy.ru/digest/farmacevtrinok/7700-rossiyskiyrynok-preparatov-dlya-lecheniya-saharnogo-diabeta-rastet-v-naturalnom-i-stoimostnom-vyrazhenii.html.
- H. Dahooie, E. K. Zavadskas, H. R. Firoozfar, A. S. Vanaki, N. Mohammadi, W. K. M. Brauers. An improved fuzzy MULTIMOORA approach for multi-criteria decision making based on objective weighting method (CCSD) and its application to technological forecasting method selection//Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence. 2019. Vol. 79. P. 114-128.
- C. M. Marques, S. Moniz, J. P. de Sousa. Strategic decision-making in the pharmaceutical industry: A unified decision-making framework//Computers & Chemical Engineering. 2018. Vol. 119. P. 171-189.
- H. J.-M. Dou. Benchmarking R&D and companies through patent analysis using free databases and special software: A tool to improve innovative thinking//World Patent Information. 2004. Vol. 26 (4). P. 297-309.
- M. Coccia. Sources of technological innovation: Radical and incremental innovation problem-driven to support competitive advantage of firms//Technology Analysis & Strategic Management. 2017. Vol. 29 (9). P. 1048-1061.
- K. Nikolopoulos, M. Khammash, S. Buxton, Ph. Stern. Forecasting branded and generic pharmaceuticals//International Journal of Forecasting. 2016. Vol. 32 (2). P. 344-357.
- A. Jekunen. Decision-making in product portfolios of pharmaceutical research and development — managing streams of innovation in highly regulated markets//Drug Design, Development and Therapy. 2014. Vol. 8. P. 2009-2016.
- Ch. Lee, O. Kwon, M. Kim, D. Kwon. Early identification of emerging technologies: A machine learning approach using multiple patent indicators//Technological Forecasting & Social Change. 2018. Vol. 127. P. 291-303.
- C. G. Pereira, J. R. Lavoie, E. Garces, F. Basso, M. Dabić, G. S. Portoa, T. Daimb. Forecasting of emerging therapeutic monoclonal antibodies patents based on a decision model// Technological Forecasting & Social Change. 2019. Vol. 139. P. 185-199.
- D. Dirnberger. A guide to efficient keyword, sequence and classification search strategies for biopharmaceutical drug-centric patent landscape searches — A human recombinant insulin patent landscape case study//World Patent Information. 2011. Vol. 33 (2). P. 128-143.
- B. Fabry, H. Ernst, J. Langholz, M. Koster. Patent portfolio analysis as a useful tool for identifying R&D and business opportunities — an empirical application in the nutrition and health industry//World Patent Information. 2006. Vol. 28. P. 215-225.
- Espacenet — Patent search. European Patent Register. https://worldwide.espacenet.com.
- Databases for searching patent documents. Federal Institute of Industrial Property. http://www1.fips.ru/iiss/search.xhtml.
- Gosudarstvennyj reestr lekarstvennyh sredstv [State Register of Medicines]. http://grls.rosminzdrav.ru/grls.aspx . (In Russian.)
- World Intellectual Property Organization. https://www.wipo.int/classifications/ipc/ipcpub .
- E. А. Tikhanov, V. V. Krivorotov, P. V. Chepur. Analiz i sistematizatsiya metodov otsenki konkurentosposobnosti [Analysis and systematization of enterprises competitiveness evaluation methods]//Fundamentalnye issledovaniya [Fundamental research]. 2016. № 10 (3). P. 647-651. (In Russian.)
- P. V. Grek. Primenenie marketingovykh instrumentov v usloviyakh kategoriynogo menedzhmenta [Marketing assessment application in the field of category management]//Remedium. 2007. № 1. P. 27-30. (In Russian.)