The article analyzes the approaches for determining the technopark’s success and the main factors affecting it. Based on the information received, the influence of the identified factors on the success of Russian technology parks was investigated. According to the results of the research it was revealed that the amount of residents, the presence of technology infrastructure and general consultancy services, the distance between technopark and the center of the city and the distance between technopark and the nearest airport, the state’ support of technopark’s residents, and also the volume of attracted budget money have positive influence on the technopark’s success, while age of the technopark, its area, specialization and the volume of attracted private money have negative effect on tenants’ achieving better results
Keywords: technology park, success factors, innovative performance, innovations
- Albahari, A., Barge-Gil, A., Perez-Canto, S. and Modrego-Rico, A. (2013). The Influence of Science and Technology Park Characteristics on Firms’ Innovation Results. MRPA Paper 49227, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Association of Cluster and Technology Parks. Available at: http://nptechnopark.ru/ (accessed 04.04.2017).
- Barinova V.A., Kotsyubinskiy V.A., Mukhlisova A.R., Rybalkin V.V.. Tekhnoparki stran mira: organizatsiya deyatel'nosti i sravneniye [Technoparks of the countries of the world: organization of activities and comparison]. Moskow. Publishing house «Delo» RANHiGS, 2012, 182 p. (in Russian).
- Beaudry, C., Breschi, S. (2003). Are Firms in Clusters Really More Innovative? Economics of Innovation and New Technology, 12(4), 325 – 342.
- Bogers, M., West, J. (2012). Managing Distributed Innovation: Strategic Utilization of Open and User Innovation. Creativity and Innovation Management, 21(1), 61 – 75.
- Calantone, R.J., Cavusgil, S.T. and Zhao Y. (2002). Learning orientation, firm innovation capability, and firm performance. Industrial Marketing Management, 31(6), 515 – 524.
- Datta, A., Reed, R. and Jessup, L. (2012). Factors Affecting the Governance of Innovation Commercialization: A Theoretical Model. Journal of Business and Management, 18(1), 31 – 59.
- Feldman, M., Kogler, D. (2010). Stylized facts in the geography of innovation in Hall. The Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, 1, 381 – 410.
- Forms of data submission to the Geoinformation System of Industrial Parks, Technoparks and Industrial Clusters. Available at: http://minpromtorg.gov.ru/activities/regions/infra/ind_park/?from_search=911 (accessed 22.04.2017). (in Russian).
- Geoinformation System of Industrial Parks, Technoparks and Industrial Clusters. Available at: https://www.gisip.ru/ (accessed 20.04.2017).
- Kostyunina G. M., Baronov V. I. Tekhnoparki v zarubezhnoy i rossiyskoy praktike [Technoparks in foreign and Russian practice]. Vestnik MGIMO, 2012, no. 3, pp. 91-99 (in Russian).
- Kotlyarov I. D. Lokalizatsiya proizvodstva kak instrument importozameshcheniya [Localization of production as an instrument of import substitution]. EKO, 2016, no. 8, pp. 128-140 (in Russian).
- Lazarev V.S., Demeshchik T.A. Istoriya i zarubezhnyy opyt sozdaniya i deyatel'nosti tekhnoparkov i biznes inkubatorov (innovatsionnykh tsentrov) [History and foreign experience of creation and performance of technoparks and business incubators (innovation centers)]. Available at: http://www.metolit.ru/files/lazarev-demeshchik.pdf (accessed 14.03.2017). (in Russian).
- Malairaja, C., Zawdie, G. (2008). Science parks and university-industry collaboration in Malaysia. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 20(1), 727 – 739.
- Mccann, B.T., Folta, T.B. (2008). Location matters: where we have been and where we might go in agglomeration research. Journal of management, 34, 532 – 565.
- Molchanov N. N., Molchanov A. N. Tekhnoparki - kontseptsiya «chetvertoy spirali» [Technoparks are the concept of the "fourth spiral"]. Innovations, 2014, no. 7, pp. 39-46 (in Russian).
- Problems and solutions: business incubators and technology parks in Russia. Available at: https://www.rusventure.ru/ru/programm/analytics/docs/201403_Business_incubators.pdf (accessed 12.04.2017). (in Russian).
- Ramirez, M., Dickenson, P. (2010). Gatekeepers, Knowledge Brokers and Inter-firm Knowledge Transfer in Beijing’s Zhongguancun Science Park. International Journal of Innovation Management, 14(1), 92 – 122.
- Rogova E. M. Biznes-inkubatory kak elementy sistemy tekhnologicheskogo transfera rossiyskikh universitetov [Business incubators as elements of the system of technological transfer of Russian universities]. Innovatsii, 2014, no 7, pp. 53-58. (in Russian).
- Rosenbush, N., Brinckman,J. and Bausch,A. (2011). Is innovation always beneficial? A meta-analysis of the relationship between innovation and performance in SMEs. Journal of Business Venturing, 26(4), 441 – 457.
- Shevelev A.E., Bogomolova, I.V. Neopredelennost' i riski pri deyatel'nosti tekhnoparkov [Uncertainty and risks in the operation of technoparks]. Vestnik YUUrGU, 2009, no. 41, pp. 48-51 (in Russian).
- Sobkowic, P. (2013). The role of science and technology parks in communication processes between research institutions and industry. Marketing Instytucji Naukowych i Badawczych, 4(10), 2 – 18.
- Vertakova Y. V., Plotnikov V. A. Importozameschenie: teoreticheskie osnovy i perspektivy realizatsii v Rossii [Russian Federation Import Substitution: How It Fares in the Face of Foreign Political and Economic Crises]. Ekonomika i upravlenie, 2014, no. 11, pp. 38-47 (in Russian).
- Veselkova V. V, Kotelnikov N.V. Effectivnost' ispolzovaniya infrastryktyry technoparkov [The effectiveness of the use of infrastructure]. Molodezhnyy vestnik irgtu, 2016, no. 3, pp. 1-4 (in Russian).
- Wasim, M. U. (2014). Factors for Science Park Planning, World Technopolis Review. Jun, 3(2): 97 – 108.
- Zhang, Y. (2004). Critical factors for science park management: the North American and European experience. International Journal Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, 4(6), 575 – 586.