The article presents the basics of the development of the regional timber industry, which is possible and most effective if the advantages of the wood
species composition of the region are used. The formation of a unique regional specialization of timber technologies, based on the species composition of
wood, and in the timber industry cluster, contributes to the creation and expansion of the range of innovative forest products.
Special attention is paid to the analysis of the main timber industry indicators and the structure of the output of the Krasnoyarsk Territory and the Irkutsk
region. The current timber production facilities of the regions are indicated on the basis of the species composition of the wood used for the production of
forest products. The priorities of the development of new innovative timber industries in the regions, based on existing investment projects and competitive
products on the world markets, are considered.
In the course of the study, methods of comparative, statistical analysis, grouping, and a systematic approach were used, which made it possible to form
reasonable conclusions. The information base of the study was made up of regional regulatory documents concerning the directions of development of the
forest industry, data from official state and industry statistics.
The factors of the development of the timber industry smart specialization of the region are identified with the definition of priorities necessary
for the innovative development of new timber industries in the region based on the specialization of timber technologies, taking into account the breed
composition of the region.
In general, the presented results serve as the basis for the development of a unique specialization in the regional timber industry, which is not currently
considered at the regional level.
Keywords: forest industry, region, innovative forest products, wood species, technologies, timber industry specialization
- Forest plan of the Krasnoyarsk Territory 2019-2028. http://mlx.krskstate.ru/lesplan.
- Forest plan of the Irkutsk region for 2019-2028. https://irkobl.ru/sites/alh/documents/lesplan/112-ug.pdf.
- On the approval of the Strategy for the Development of the forest complex of the Krasnoyarsk Territory until 2030. http://docs.cntd.ru/document/570796302.
- Unified Interdepartmental Information and Statistical System (EMISS). https://www.fedstat.ru.
- Report on the results of the joint expert-analytical event «Analysis of the efficiency of the use of forest resources of the Russian Federation in 2016-2018 (together with the control and accounting authorities of the subjects of the Russian Federation)». https://ach.gov.ru/upload/iblock/f32/f32ecac2ceee85712845e5ec6b5914f7.pdf.
- Annual Review of the UNECE/FAO Forest Products Market, 2017-2018. https://unece.org/ru/forests/publications/ezhegodnyy-obzor-rynkalesnykh-tovarov-2017-2018-gody.
- V. Bogomolov, A. Lebedeva. The Russian lumber market in 2017-2019//LPK Siberia. № 13. 2020. https://lpk-sibiri.ru/analytics/rossijskij-rynok-pilomaterialov-v-2017-2019-gg.
- On the approval of the Strategy of socio-economic development of the Irkutsk region until 2036. https://www.economy.gov.ru/material/file/f6a0ffcdb4a24f5820251593766271a7/irk_obl.pdf.
- The woodworking industry of Russia: the largest players in the forest market. https://delprof.ru/press-center/open-analytics/lesopromyshlennyy-kompleks-v-rossii-struktura-rynka-i-tendentsii-razvitiya-otrasli.
- I. Bortnikov. «Lesosibirsky LDK № 1» — the pride of the Krasnoyarsk Territory and Eastern Siberia//LPK Siberia. № 1. 2017. https://lpk-sibiri.ru/lpk-forest-industry/lesosibirskij-ldk-1-gordost-krasnoyarskogo-kraya-i-vostochnoj-sibiri.
- Website of the Novoeniseysky Timber Chemical Plant. https://www.novo-lhk.ru/forest-leases.
- Website of Kraslesinvest JSC. https://www.kraslesinvest.ru/product-2.
- G. Ya. Belyakova, I. V. Melman. Unique timber industry specialization of the region//Regional Economy: Theory and Practice. Vol. 17. № 9. 2019. P. 1646-1656. https://doi.org/10.24891/re .17.9.1646.
- Annual Review of the UNECE/FAO Forest Products Market, 2018-2019. https://unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/timber/publications/SP48R.pdf.
- Ministry of Industry and Trade: List of priority investment projects in the field of forest development. https://minpromtorg.gov.ru/docs/#!perechen_prioritetnh_investicionnyh_proektov_v_oblasti_osvoeniya_lesov.
- Export and import of Russia by goods and countries. https://ru-stat.com.
- On the approval of the Strategy for the Development of the forest complex of the Republic of Karelia until 2030. http://docs.cntd.ru/document/465420992.
- Official website of the Ministry of Forestry of the Irkutsk region. https://irkobl.ru/sites/alh.
- Roslesinforg: The state of the forest fund of the Russian Federation. https://roslesinforg.ru/atlas.
- Federal Forestry Agency. http://www.rosleshoz.gov.ru.
- N. Y. Kalyuzhnova, S. I. Violin. «Smart specialization» of Russian regions: opportunities and limitations//Economics, Entrepreneurship and Law. Vol. 10. № 10. 2020. P. 2457-2472. doi: 10.18334/epp.10.10.111061. https://1economic.ru/lib/111061.
- E. A. Monastyrny, B. O. Kalyuzhny. Analysis of the problems of the development of the timber industry complex in the formation of a closed-cycle economy model on the example of the Tomsk region//Innovations. № 3. 2019. P. 86-93.
- M. S. Oborin. The role of regions with «smart specialization» in the socio-economic development of Russia//Bulletin of the Nizhny Novgorod University n. a. N. I. Lobachevsky. Series: «Social Sciences». № 4 (60). 2020. P. 23-30.
- E. S. Kutsenko. 10 principles of smart specialization of regions. https://issek.hse.ru/news/465663326.html.
- G. A. Khmeleva, E. N. Koroleva, M. V. Kournikova. Smart Specialization Strategy: European experience and lessons for Russia//Bulletin of the Samara Municipal Institute of Management. № 3. 2019. P. 35-45.
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology of the Russian Federation. https://www.mnr.gov.ru/press/news/rosleskhoz_kazhdoe_trete_derevo_v_rossiyskom_lesu_listvennitsa/?special_version=Y.
- I. V. Melman. Trends in the development of regional forestry clusters: Arkhangelsk and Vologda experience//Management issues. № 4 (71). P. 78-92. https://journal-management.com/issue/2021/04/06.