The article reveals the foreign experience of using crowdsourcing in solving scientific and technical challenges. There are two types of crowdsourcing
considered in the article: internal, with the involvement of the company employees, and external, with the involvement of solvers from outside the company.
The analysis of the problems of internal crowdsourcing, including of NASA experience, and the problems of external crowdsourcing are given. Recommendations
for elimination of these problems and the forecast of the development of innovative crowdsourcing for the future are given as well
Keywords: crowdsourcing, scientific and technical challenges, internal and external crowdsourcing, problems of crowdsourcing, prospects for the development of crowdsourcing.
- The 2019 State of Crowdsourced Innovation: Findings from the Fourth Annual Planview Spigit Benchmark Study. https://www.planview.com.
- Jeff How’s blog. https://crowdsourcing.typepad.com.
- V. Tegin, B. Usmanov. Crowdsourcing in generating of innovation ideas//World of Transport. № 6. 2012. P. 118-123.
- E. Ivanov. Crowdsourcing: A Decade In Review, 13.10.2020. https://www.herox.com.
- T. Skorenko. Ship’s chronometer: short history of navigation, 11.07.2017. https://www.popmech.ru.
- H. W. Chesbrough. Open Innovation: The New Imperative for Creating and Profiting from Technology. HBS Press, 2003.
- De Marco Nacho. It's High Time We All Adopt Open Innovation, August 3, 2020. https://www.forbes.com.
- Megan Brenan. U.S. Workers Discovering Affinity for Remote Work, 09.01.2021. https://news.gallup.com.
- A. Elkins. Crowdsourcing Ideas with a Virtual Workforce, July 9, 2020. http://blog.planview.com.
- A. Malhotra, A. Majchrzak, L. Kesebi, S. Looram. Developing Innovative Solutions Through Internal Crowdsourcing//MIT Sloan Management Review, July 2017. https://learning.oreilly.com.
- J. Gallus, O. S. Jung, K. R. Lakhani. Recognition Incentives for Internal Crowdsourcing: A Field Experiment at NASA//Harvard Business School, Working Paper 20-059, 3 January 2020. https://hbswk.hbs.edu.
- A. Onetti. Why most intrapreneursship programmes fail, 23.03.2021. http://sifted.edu.
- R. Hoehn. 7 Incentives to Increase Participation in a Crowdsourced Innovation Program. https://innovationmanagement.se.
- Presentation «NASA’s Internal Crowd». https://ideascale.com.
- NASA, 2020 IM award winner: best innovation, IDEASCALE Innovation Management Award. https://ideascale.com.
- R. Hoehn. What Can We Learn from NASA About Crowdsourcing in a Pandemic? November 23rd, 2020. https://innovationmanagement.se.
- Digital platform «InnoCentiive». https://www.innocentive.com.
- United States announces results of Grand Challenge to fight Ebola, USAID press office, December 12, 2014. https://2012-2017.usaid.gov.
- Digital platform «Procter & Gamble». https://www.pgconnectdevelop.com/what-is-connect-develop.
- Open Innovation: Accelerating your innovation results. https://www.ennomotive.com.
- Digital platform Yet2.com. https://www.yet2.com.
- Congcong Xue. Is Finding an Innovative Idea a Numbers Game? October 19, 2020. https://www.yet2.com.
- Oguz A. Acar. Why Crowdsourcing Often Leads to Bad Ideas. December 13, 2019. https://hbr.org/2019/12
- Oguz A. Acar, M. Tarakci, D. van Knippenberg. Why Constraints Are Good for Innovation. November 22, 2019. https://hbr.org/2019/11.
- Crowdsourcing to Innovate Products//Ideascale White Paper, 11.12.20. https://ideascale.com.
- R. Hoehn. The Three Challenges of Crowdsourced Innovation, May 11, 2020. https://innovationmanagement.se.
- A. Zazhigalkin. RGD. Presentation at the meeting of the Working group of the National Association of Technology Transfer (NATT), 19.11.20.
- D. Markovitz. Struggling to Solve a Problem? Try Reframing It, November 23, 2020. https://hbr.org/2020/11
- Why Crowdsourcing Challenges Succeed: 7 Best Practices Every Company Should Know, Planview White Paper. https://www.planview.com.
- P. Wagorn. 8 Big Crowdsourcing Mistakes, March 9, 2016. https://www.ideaconnection.com.
- E. Ivanov. What Crowdsourcing Will Look Like in 10 Years, September 18, 2020. https://innovationobserver.com.
- A. I. Kashirin, E. A. Baranov, P. A. Kashirin, A. V. Filimonov. Technological brokerage is a mechanism for solving scientific and technical problems and tasks//Innovations. № 8. 2020. P. 3-12.