Against the background of the low rate of national transition to an innovative development path, the problem of finding the optimal way of innovative development of strategically significant Arctic territories, which is complicated by harsh climatic conditions and vastness of space, is particularly acute. The article attempts to consider the prospects for sustainable innovative development of local economies in the Arctic, based on the extensive use of collaborative technologies, as a new paradigm for the sustainable development of the Russian Arctic territory. The authors discuss how the methodological foundations of this paradigm are introduced in interdisciplinary and philosophical discourse. The ontological features of the Arctic territories that determine the optimal choice of the path of innovative development are studied. The article analyzes the role of the most popular collaborative technologies in Russia that contribute to the innovative development of sustainable local economies of the Arctic. The historical evolution of the legal status and administrative position of the northern aboriginal population is highlighted in order to evaluate the possibilities of ensuring and preserving the traditional economy of the indigenous peoples of the North. In conclusion, the authors suggest ideas for further research to develop the proposed paradigm
Keywords: Arctic sustainable development, local economy, legal tools
- Golovnev A.V. Talking cultures: traditions of Samodyans and Ugrians. Ekaterinburg: Uro RAS, 1995, 608 p. (In Russ.)
- Lepsky V.E. Subject-oriented approach to innovative development. Moscow, Kogito-Center Publishing House, 2009, 208 p. (In Russ.)
- Kropotkin P. Mutual Aid. London,William Heinemann, 1915, 240 p.
- Zamyatina N.Yu., Pilyasov A.N. Russian Arctic: a new understanding of the processes of development. Moscow, URSS, 2018, 400 p. (In Russ.)
- Stiglitz J.E. The Great Divide: Unequal Societies and What We Can Do About Them. New-York: W.W. Norton & Company, 2016, 464 p.
- Shuman M. The Local Economy Solution: How Innovative, Self-Financing "Pollinator" Enterprises Can Grow Jobs and Prosperity. Chelsea Green Publishing, 2015, 248 p.
- Phillips R., Seifer B., and Antczak E. Sustainable Communities: Creating a Durable Local Economy (Earthscan Tools for Community Planning) (Volume 2), Routledge, London, 2013, 288 p.
- Totonova E.E. Razvitie kooperativov na Severe: opyt Kanady. Upravlenie ehkonomicheskimi sistemami: ehlektronnyj nauchnyj zhurnal [Management of Economic Systems: electronic scientific journal], 2015, 9 (81). (In Russ.). http://uecs.ru/regionalnaya-ekonomika/item/3717-2015-09-28-06-58-31
- Klokov K.B. Traditional use of the peoples of the North: the concept of conservation and development in modern conditions. St. Petersburg: Research Institute of Geography, St. Petersburg State University, 1997, 44 p. (In Russ.)
- Tyurin G.V., Tyurin V.G. How to raise our hinterland. Local economy in Russia and in the world. St. Petersburg: Community Development Fund “Initiative”, 2016, 312 p.
- Agbalyan E.V., Kasatskaya N.V., Shinkaruk E.V. Analysis of the risk of environmental factors affecting the health of the indigenous population of the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous District // Mediko-ehkologicheskij atlas. Salekhard: Izd-vo GKU YANAO «Nauchnyj centr izucheniya Arktiki». 2015 (In Russ.) Available at: http://yamalek.ru (accessed 03.11.2018).
- Lazhentsev V.N. The northern specificity of research and regional policy (an example of resource-type regions). Ekonomika regiona [Regional Economy], 2012, (3), pp. 10-21. (In Russ,)
- Kharyuchi S. N. Problems of Russian legislation in the field of the rights of indigenous peoples. experience. Solutions, Uridicheskii Mir [Legal world] 2009, 1, p. 14-18 (In Russ.)
- Sharapov S.F. Selected Works. Moscow, Russian politic academy, 2010, 720 p.
- Sorokin P.A. (1992). The Crisis of Our Age. Oneworld Publications, 281 p.
- Legal status and administrative structure of indigenous peoples of North-Western Siberia (late XVI - early XX century). Collection of legal acts and documents / A.Yu. Konev (ed.). Tyumen, PublishinghouseIPOSSBRAS, 1999. 238 p. (In Russ.)
- Kryazkov V. A. Public authorities and northern peoples: constitutional and legal problems of relations in the sphere of co-management, 2016. (In Russ.) Available at: www.hse.ru/pubs/share/direct/document/102100720 (accessed 07.10.2018).
- The peoples of the Ob-Irtysh North (History of nation-building in 1822-1941). Collection of documents. Compiled by: N.D. Radchenko, M.A. Smirnova, Tyumen, 1994, 319 p.
- Kurikov, V. M. Russian North: problems, issues, solutions: a brief socio-economic essay. SPb: Alphabet LLC, 1996,104 p.
- Co-management in the Arctic: examples of Canada, Alaska and Scandinavian countries. Appendix to the almanac “The World of Indigenous People - the Living Arctic”, 2008. (In Russ.) Available at: http://npa-arctic.iwlearn.org/publications/co_management.pdf (accessed 06.10.2018).
- Co-management and Good Governance: A Summary of Presentations and Discussions at the Co-Management and Good Governance Workshop. Moscow, 2002.
- Lietar B. Future of Money: How New Currencies Create Wealth, Work and a Wiser World. Arrow Books Ltd, 1999, 384 p.
- Keynes J.M. The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money, Macmillan, 1936 (2007 edition), 472 p.
- Lietar B., Hallsmth G. Creating Wealth: Growing Local Economies with Local Currencies. New Society Publishers, 2011, 208 p.
- Molchanova E. Yu., Solodkovsky Yu.M. Modern money in the global economy. In: Modern economics: an analysis of trends and development prospects. Odessa: Kuprienko SV, 2014, pp. 71-86. (In Russ.).
- Hayek F. A. Private money. Moscow, Institute of the National Model of Economics, 1996, 240 p. (In Russ.).
- Mitusov M. Human money. Local currencies as a driver of recovery and economic growth (In Russ.) Available at: http://thinkers.by/2012/02/27/chelovechnie_dengi/ (accessed 01.11.2018)
- Falk P. Modernity Syndrome: Anamesis of the Individualized Self, Theory, Culture and Society Series. Sage Pubns, 2011, 240 p.
- Sasaki M., Latov Y., Romashkina G., Davydenko V. Confidence in modern Russia (a comparative approach to “social virtues”). Voprosy Ekonomiki [Economic issues] 2010, 2, pp. 83-102.
- Malineckij G.G. Innovacionnyj krizis, politika, samoorganizaciya. Innovacii. 2018. 8(238). S. 3-12.