The article describes a set of state support measures R & D and innovation in the business sector of the European Union member countries. The content of
direct and indirect methods for subsidizing R & D and innovation activities is revealed, the instruments of their practical implementation in the entrepreneurial
sector of various EU countries are systematized. The characteristic long-term trends in the growth volume of state support of R & D and innovation in the
business sector and the displacement of the vector of this support in favor of indirect measures (in the form of tax benefits and preferences)
Keywords: R&D funding, innovation, government regulation, tax relief, European Union
- O. V. Bogacheva, O. V. Smorodinov. Actual issues of the organization of public financing in the OECD countries//Financial Journal. 2019, № 2. pp. 37–50.
- E. S. Vylkova, N. N. Pokrovskaja. Improvement of state regulation of R&D of private business for the purpose of innovative growth//Journal of New Economy. 2016. № 6. pp. 75–88.
- V. G. Zinov, N. G. Kurakova, A. V. Ozornin. Drivers of economic development: university science or industrial companies?//Innovations. № 4. 2015. pp.21–26.
- V. P. Klavdienko. Tax incentives for innovative activity in business sector//Innovations. № 7. 2018. pp. 28–32.
- Final Report available — Benchmarking of innovation procurements investments and policy frameworks across Europe. European Commission. 16 April 2021.
- Framework for state aid for research and development and innovation. European commission//Official Journal of the European Union. 27.06.2014.
- Government`s many roles in fostering innovation. PwC. 2010.
- OECD (2020). Compendium of information on R&D incentives 2020//http://oe.cd/rdtax
- OECD (2021). Main Science and Technology Indicators. Paris. 2020. Vol.2.
- OECD (2021). Measuring Tax Support for R&D and Innovation. Paris. 2021.
- OECD (2017). Science, Technology and Industry Scoreboard. Paris. 2017.
- OECD (2016). Science, Technology and Innovation Outlook. Policy Profile. Paris. 2016.
- OECD (2021). Science, Technology and Innovation Outlook. Paris. 2021.
- State Aid in research, development&innovation. A guide for universities. Association for University Research and Industry Links (AURIL). 2016.