In the article, organizational aspects of entrepreneurial activity of universities are discussed. Based on overall statistics of small innovative enterprises
founded by universities and on an analysis of their efficiency at Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia, it is demonstrated that Federal Law
No. 217 adopted in 2009 failed to meet expectations both in terms of involving the results of intellectual activity accumulated by universities in commercial
circulation and in terms of creating additional income for universities and their employees.
However, there is interest to technological entrepreneurship, and business accelerators founded by universities are the structures supposed to help
young scientists commercialize their projects. Currently, accelerators are being reoriented from IT projects to deep technologies.
On the example of projects of Accelerator «Mendeleev» in the field of chemical technology founded by MUCTR, it is shown that the accelerator is
able to help the project team identify the target audience, develop a value proposition for the customer and receive feedback from him, as well as expand
partnerships with industry representatives, thus providing for the intellectual property commercialization and contributing to the development of youth
internal entrepreneurship at the university
Keywords: technological entrepreneurship, Federal Law No 217, technology transfer, small innovative enterprise, business accelerator, deep technologies
- Avrutskaya S. G., Kartashov K.S The Triple Helix Model And Potential For Its Implementation In Russia. Uspehi v himii i himicheskoj tehnologii [Achievements in Chemistry and Chemical Technology], 2018, vol. 32, no 4, pp. 99–101 (in Russian).
- Federal Law N 217‑FZ from 02.08.2009 «On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation on the Foundation of Economic Entities by Budgetary Scientific and Educational Institutions for the Practical Application (Implementation) of Intellectual Activity Results». Rossijskaja gazeta [The Russian Newspaper], no 142, 04.08.2009 (in Russian).
- Fijaksel' Je. A., Sidorov D. V. "Glitter and Poverty" of the 217‑FL. Innovatsii [Innovation], 2014, no 3 (185), pp. 6–11 (in Russian).
- Hovanskaja E. A. Main Mechanisms Of Creation Of Economic Societies By The Budgetary Educational Institutions. Uchenye zapiski Orlovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Serija: Gumanitarnye i social'nye nauki [Proceedings of Oryol State University. Series: Humanities and Social Sciences], 2012, no 5 (49), pp. 31–34 (in Russian).
- Kozhitov L. V., Kaplunov I. A., Belotserkovsky A. V. Creation And Activity Of Small Innovative Enterprises According To Federal Law No 217‑FZ. Innovatsii [Innovation], 2017, no 12 (230), pp. 17–23 (in Russian).
- SIE [Small Innovative Enterprises]. Registering and Monitoring Small Innovative Enterprises in the Scientific And Educational Sphere. Available at: https://mip.extech.ru/index.php (accessed on 29.01.2021) (in Russian).
- Jusupov V.N Small Innovative Enterprises as a Shere of Interaction Between the University Science and Business. Zhurnal pravovyh i jekonomicheskih issledovanij [Journal of Legal and Economic Research], 2013, no. 2, pp. 209–213 (in Russian).
- Mitrofanov A. S. Small Innovative Enterprises at Universities — the First Results of Federal Law No. 217‑FZ//Innovatsii [Innovation], 2010, no 9, pp. 28–33 (in Russian).
- The Global Innovation Index 2020. Cornell University, INSEAD, and WIPO. Available at: https://www.wipo.int/global_innovation_index/en/2020/ (accessed on 29.01.2021).
- Krupa T. V. Management of Innovative Developments of Educational Institutions in World And Russian Practice. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, 2019, vol. 10 no 1, pp. 1251–1262.
- Kokanov B. А. Analysis of the Federal Law from August 2, 2009 No. 217‑FZ. Main results of the action. Vestnik Volgogradskoj akademii MVD Rossii [Bulletin of the Volgograd Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia], 2011. no 1 (16), pp. 79–84.
- Kartashov K. S., Avrutskaya S. G., Averina J. M. Analysis of Financial Performance of Economic Entities Founded by Mendeleev University. Uspehi v himii i himicheskoj tehnologii [Achievements in Chemistry and Chemical Technology], 2019, vol. 33, no12, pp. 21–24 (in Russian).
- Maslennikov D. Corporate Accelerator: How Not to Become an Anti-Innovation Department. Forbes, 22.03.2017 Available at https://www.forbes.ru/tehnologii/338871‑korporativnyyakselerator-kak-ne-stat-otdelom-po-borbe-s‑innovaciyami (accessed on 23.12.2020) (in Russian).
- A Model for Increasing Innovation Openness. Study by the Agency for Strategic Initiatives. Electronic, 2019. 189 p. Available at: https://asi.ru/reports/104600 (accessed on 24.04.2021) (in Russian).