High unevenness of the scientific potential territorial distribution in Russia determines the need to analyze the effectiveness of its concentration in separate regions. Author limited himself to a comparative statistical analysis of the levels of concentration of scientific resources, the productivity of researchers, indicators of technology export, the profitability of intellectual activity results (RID), and the movement of scientific personnel by groups of Federal districts and subjects of the Russian Federation that differ in science intensity. Paper reveals an ambiguity and inconsistency of the considered relations. Thus, high-tech regions are leading in technology exports, but they are the last in terms of research productivity, and only they are losing scientists. In low-tech regions, the ratios are reversed. In general, this indicates a crisis in the territorial organization of science. However, the author believes that the conclusions obtained need to be confirmed based on the analysis of regional statistics data (as they become available) for urban agglomerations, business and university sectors of science, types of activities, and areas of science
Keywords: scientific potential, region, concentration, researcher, productivity
- Incentives, paradoxes, failures. City through the eyes of economists: digest. M.: Strelka Institute of media, architecture and design, 2016. P. 230.
- R. A. Popov, A. S. Puzanov, T. D. Polydi. Contours of the new state policy in relation to cities and urban agglomerations//ECO. 2018. № 8. P. 7-22.
- I. E. Ilyina, V. V. Lapochkina, V. N. Dolgova, et al. Trends in the publication activity of Russian researchers based on data Web of Science, Scopus. Issue 1. M.: IMG Print, 2020. P. 45.
- I. E. Ilyina, T. L. Bronitskiy, E. G. Grishakina et al. The effectiveness of scientific activities of R&D organizations (based on data from the FSMNO – DB RD NO). M.: IMG Print, 2019. P. 44.
- E. G. Grishakina, S. Yu. Ilieva, N. M. Komarov, I. V. Vershinin. Monitoring the effectiveness of scientific activities of R&D organizations, based on data from the FSMNO – DB RD NO//Science management and scientometrics. Vol. 15. № 2. 2020. P. 223-250.
- SIR – Scimago Journal & Country Rank. http://www.scimagojr.com.
- V. L. Tambovtsev. On the scientific validity of scientific policy in the Russian Federation//Economic issues. 2018. № 2. P. 5-32.
- O. O. Komolov. Large and small businesses: their role and place in the modern economy//Economic revival of Russia. 2015. № 4 (46). P. 156-167.