Data-based services play an important role in innovative business models of successful manufacturing enterprises: they have great potential for creating unique trading floors and increasing the differentiation of manufacturing enterprises in highly competitive markets. However, the large number of newly invented digital services that fail shortly after launch means that enterprises are struggling with the invention and implementation of data-driven service solutions, which results in a waste of resources. This article provides guidelines for successful innovation in data-driven services. The principles were identified through in-depth case studies with manufacturing companies. They contribute to the necessary paradigm shift for manufacturing enterprises in terms of data-driven equipment services. The six principles identified highlight new aspects regarding the new dimension of data-driven solutions and improve product and service life cycle management. They demonstrate how agile rules can lead to successful and more efficient service innovations in the industry
Keywords: services, data, service innovations, service systems, service engineering
- A. V. Vasil’chikov, K. B. Gerasimov, O. S. Chechina. Innovatsionnyy menedzhment [Innovation management]. Samara: SamGTU Publ., 2019. 153 p. (In Russian.)
- B. N. Gerasimov. Vyrabotka i vyrashchivanie innovatsionnykh idey na osnove kollektivnoy mysledeyatel’nosti [The development and cultivation of innovative ideas based on collective thought activity]//Kreativnaya ekonomika i sotsial’nye innovatsii [Creative economics and social innovation]. 2016. Vol. 6. № 4 (17). P. 20-33. (In Russian.)
- M. S. Ekimova, V. O. Zharkova. Issledovanie sushchnosti innovatsiy v sfere uslug [A study of the essence of service innovation]//Shkola universitetskoy nauki: paradigm razvitiya [School of University Science: A Development Paradigm]. 2016. № 1-2 (19-20). P. 22-26. (In Russian.)
- I. V. Zhukovskaya. Kontseptual’nye osnovy issledovaniya innovatsiy v sisteme organizatsionnogo upravleniya predpriyatiy sfery uslug: ot teorii k praktike [Conceptual foundations for the study of innovation in the organizational management system of service enterprises: from theory to practice]//Ekonomika i predprinimatel’stvo [Economics and Entrepreneurship]. 2017. № 10-1 (87). P. 1033-1037. (In Russian.)
- M. M. Romanova, A. A. Chernova. Tendentsii i osobennosti innovatsiy v sfere uslug [Trends and features of innovation in the service sector]//Ekonomika i predprinimatel’stvo [Economics and Entrepreneurship]. 2015. № 3-2 (56). P. 856-860. (In Russian.)
- L. Yu. Rusaleva, O. V. Leushina, T. V. Popkova. Innovatsii v kommercheskoy deyatel’nosti organizatsiy sfery uslug [Innovation in the commercial activities of service industry organizations]. Novosibirsk: SibUPK Publ., 2015. 160 p. (In Russian.)
- L. V. Khoreva, M. V. Voloshinova, A. N. Petrov. Berezhlivye innovatsii v sfere uslug [Lean Service Innovation]//Informatsionno-ekonomicheskie aspekty standartizatsii i tekhnicheskogo regulirovaniya [Information and economic aspects of standardization and technical regulation]. 2019. № 3 (49). P. 8. (In Russian.)
- O. S. Chechina. Integrativnyy podkhod k upravleniyu chelovecheskim kapitalom i innovatsionnomu razvitiyu otraslevoy ekonomicheskoy sistemy [Integrative approach to human capital management and innovative development of a sectoral economic system]//Innovatsii i investitsii [Innovation and investment]. 2013. № 6. P. 240-246. (In Russian.)
- A. I. Shlafman. Rol’ otkrytykh innovatsiy dlya razvitiya predpriyatiy sfery uslug [The role of open innovation for the development of service enterprises]//Ekonomika i predprinimatel’stvo [Economics and Entrepreneurship]. 2016. № 10-1 (75). P. 1180-1182. (In Russian.)
- O. R. Yusupov. Innovatsii v ekonomike sfery uslug i problemy razvitiya predprinimatel’stva v poligraficheskoy otrasli [Innovations in the economy of the service sector and problems of entrepreneurship in the printing industry]//FGU Science. 2016. № 2 (8). P. 159-163. (In Russian.)
- R. F. Lusch, S. L. Vargo. Service-dominant logic: reactions, reflections and refinements//Marketing Theory. 2006. № 3. P. 281-288.
- M. E. Porter, J. E. Heppelmann. How smart, connected products are transforming companies//Harvard Business Review. 2015. № 10 (93). P. 96-114.
- A. Valtakoski, J. Reynoso, D. Maranto, B. Edvardsson, E. Maravillo Cabrera. Cross-country differences in new service development: The moderating effects of national culture// Journal of Service Management. 2019. № 2 (30). P. 186-208.