The article discusses one of the essential characteristics of modern innovation policy in India - a strong emphasis on solving the country’s social problems. The reasons for the need for this are determined, associated with the characteristics of the state of the Indian economy at present and the characteristics of the social structure of society in India. The specific features of the country’s innovation ecosystem and innovation policy instruments are shown, as well as a special approach to the development and implementation of innovations that are characteristic of actors involved in the development of innovative processes in India, which are determined by the urgent need of Indian society to develop their social component
Keywords: innovation policy, inclusive innovation, frugal innovation, accessibility of innovation
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy 2013.//Government of India. Department of Science and Technology. New Delhy, 2013. 18 p.
- Science and Technology Policy-2003//Current Science, Vol. 84, № 1, 2003. 13 p.
- N. Forbes. India’s National Innovation System: Transformed or Half-Formed?//CTIER Working Papers. September 2016. 34 p.
- R. Schillo, R. Robinson. Inclusive Innovation in Developed Countries: The Who, What, Why, and How//Technology Innovation Management Review. July 2017 (Volume 7, Issue 7). P. 34-46.
- G. E. Mathew. India’s Innovation Blueprint. Oxford-Cambridge- New Delhi. Chandos Publishing, 2010. 178 p.
- J. Slater. India is no Longer home to the largest number of poor people in the world//Nigeria is. Washington Post. 10 July. 2018. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/07/10/india-is-no-longer-home-to-the-largest-numberof-poor-people-in-the-world-nigeria-is/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0e7e095c989c.
- S. Bhalla. India is Middle Income Now: Raise the Poverty Line//Indian Express, 30 June 2018. https://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/india-is-middle-income-now-raise-the-povertyline-5239269
- Research and Development Statistics 2017-18. December 2017. DST. http://dst.gov.in/research-and-development-statistics-2017-18-december-2017.
- https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/science-and-technology/data/oecd-science-technology-and-r-d-statistics/main-science-andtechnology-indicators_data-00182-encktlytt ; https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/Brazil/Research_and_development.
- The Global Innovation Index 2019. Geneva. Cornell SC Johnson College of Business-INSEAD-WIPO, 2019. https://www.globalinnovationindex.org/gii-2019-report#i .
- 90% Of Indian Startups Will Fail Because Of Lack Of Innovation, Study Says//Forbes, May 18, 2017. https://www.forbes.com/sites/suparnadutt/2017/05/18/startups-in-india-fail-due-lackof-innovation-according-to-a-new-ibm-study/#717901f4657b.
- Henry Etzkovitz. Triple Helix. Universities – industry – government. Innovation in Action. Tomsk, 2010 (in Russ.) 238 c.
- H. Mathur. Indian Agritech: Accelerate the Adoption of Agritech Innovations By Enabling the Ecosystem. 13.11.2018. https://medium.com/bharat-innovations-fund/indian-agritech-acceleratethe-adoption-of-agritech-innovations-by-enabling-the-ecosystemd5048165e08f.
- Сайт CIIE. https://ciie.co/milestones.
- . Website Fund BHARAT. https://bharat.fund.
- Indian Farming’s Next Big Moment: Farming as a Service. Johannersburg-Ahmedebad. Bain & Company, CIIE, 2017. 33 p.
- V. Krishna. Inclusive Innovation in India: Contemporary Landscape//Asian Journal of Innovation and Policy. Vol. 6, no. 1, 2017. P. 1-22.
- Ph. Dods. Get Inspired By The 7 Most Innovative Companies In India. 12.01.2018. https://www.meltwater.com/in/blog/getinspired-7-innovative-companies-india/#.
- R. Tiwari, C. Herstatt. Emergence of India as a Lead Market for Frugal Innovations. Hamburg. 2014. 22 p.
- S. Gupta. India Startups are Leaders in Low-Cost Innovation//BW Disrupt. 19.02. 2017. http://bwdisrupt.businessworld.in/article/Indian-Startups-are-Leaders-In-Low-Cost-Innovation/19-02-2017-113148.
- Website Department of Science & Technology. http://www.dst.gov.in/autonomousstinstitutions/national-innovation-foundation.
- D. Rajagopal. Biocon-Mylan win US nod for another biosimilar drug// India Times, June 06, 2018. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/64474098.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst.
- A. Weintraub. India wants to sell low-cost drugs in Trump’s America, but quality questions persist. Mar 3, 2017. https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/india-wants-to-sell-low-cost-drugstrump-s-america-but-quality-questions-persist.
- Frugal Innovations &@ GE Healthcare Low cost ECG, Baby Warmer, and Ultrasound Scan. https://www.slideshare.net/rajeshdgr8/frugal-innovation-ge-healthcare.
- H. Arshad, M. Radic, D. Radic. Patterns of Frugal Innovation in Healthcare//Technology Innovation Management Review. April 2018 (Volume 8, Issue 4). P. 28-37.
- Website Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology . https://www.digitalindia.gov.in.
- J. Prabhu, S. Jain. Innovation and entrepreneurship in India: Understanding jugaad//Asia Pacific Journal of Management. December 2015.