The analysis of technological and socio-economic reasons for the failure of the first generation of supersonic civil aircraft is carried out. Simple economic-mathematical models and methods of justification of requirements to speed and cost of supersonic passenger transportations at which they could be economically attractive for a certain group of potential users are offered. The border incomes of the representatives of this group and possible directions of their trips are estimated. On the basis of the received estimations possible volumes of supersonic passenger planes production and requirements to their capacity are defined. Ultimately, the technological, socio-economic and political conditions for the emergence of a relatively mass and recoupable segment of the supersonic passenger aircraft market and its sustainable development are revealed
Keywords: forecasting, requirements, quality and cost of air transport services, market capacity
- Amirjanyan M. The first Russian supersonic civil aircraft can be designed in seven to eight years / / TASS, 29.01.2018. Electronic resource. Mode of access: https://tass.ru/ekonomika/4911172
- Duffy, P., and Kandalov, A.I. A. N. Tupolev – the man and his aircraft / Moscow, 1999 – 264 p.
- Kazhan V.G., Dunaevsky A.I. Supersonic aircraft. The patent of Russian Federation RU 95 120 618 A.
- Kramnik I. Illusion of possibilities: why a supersonic passenger plane is needed / / Izvestia, February 19, 2019
- Samofalova O. The ambitious project of a new supersonic airliner is doomed to failure / / Vzglyad, 01.02.2019. Electronic resource. Mode of access: https://vz.ru/economy/2019/2/1/962052.html
- How many Russian millionaires running: about 10 thousand Russians receive their monthly salary of 1 million rubles and above // Journal "Kommersant Dengi" №41, 17.10.2016, p. 9.
- Encyclopedia of aviation / M.: Great Russian encyclopedia, 1994 – 736 p.
- London to New York market stable at just over four million annual pax; over 30 flights per day from seven carriers with Heathrow-JFK #1 choice // Web site: http://www.anna.aero/2016/08/31/london-to-new-york-market-analysed/
- FAA adjusts the supersonic requirements according to US profit // Aeronautica.online, 23.06.2019. Electronic resource. Mode of access: https://aeronautica.online/faa-announces-upcoming-rulemakings-civil-supersonic-flight/
- Japan Airlines has signed a contract for 20 supersonic aircraft Boom // Aeronautica.online, 06.12.2017. Electronic resource. Mode of access: https://aeronautica.online/japan-airlines-to-buy-20-boom-aircrafts/