The article presents an analysis of the modern potential of the ICT sector of the EU countries, reveals the main factors of strengthening its power and sustainable development trends. Particular attention is paid to the study of the sources and scale of R&D funding related to the ICT sector, as one of the main drivers of long-term growth of this sector
Keywords: digitization, ICT sector, R&D funding, European Union.
1.Digital Economy Indicators in the Russian Federation. Moscow. HSE. 2020.
2. Digital Europe Programme 2021-2027. EU Budget for the Future. European Commission. 2020.
3. Eurostat. Database. European Commission. 2020.
4. Horizon 2020. Work Programme 2018-2020. Future and Emerging Technologies. European Commission. March. 2020.
5. Measuring the Information Society Report. ITU, Geneva. 2018.
6. OECD. Employment Outlook. Paris. 2020.
7. OECD. Employment Outlook. Paris. 2015.
8. OECD. Labour Force Statistics. Paris. 2020.
9. OECD. Main Science and Technology Indicators. Vol 2020. Issue 1.
10. Research and Innovation: Research Projects in ICT Domain (FP 7 ICT and CIP). European Commission. Digital Agenda Scoreboard. 2014.
11. Statistical Classification of Economic Activities in the European Community. NACE. Rev. 2. Eurostat. Office for Official Publications of the European Communities. Luxembourg. 2008.
12. The Digital Economy and Society Index 2020. Thematic Chapters. European Commission. 2020.
13. The 2020 Predict Report. PO EU. Luxembourg. 2020.
14. The 2021-2027 Multiannual Financial Framework: Digital Shines Through in EU`s Long-term Budget. European Commission. 2020.
15. World Employment and Social Outlook. LTO. Geneva. 2020.