Subject. In modern economic conditions, the main type of development of enterprises and, accordingly, countries is innovative. In this regard, the problem of assessing trends in the development of financing instruments for innovative development and national investment potential is becoming increasingly relevant. The basis of the investment potential of corporate venture capital investment is made up of large state-owned companies and private large-scale businesses that are interacting in the national innovation system. In this regard, the subject of the study is the effectiveness of corporate venture investments in the public and private sectors of the economy.
Goals. The purpose of this study is to analyze the potential and growth points of corporate venture in Russia. Methodology. In the process of researching the problem, a systematic approach, general scientific methods of analysis and synthesis, expert, statistical and graphical methods were used.
Results. An approach has been developed to assess trends and the potential for corporate venture development in Russia.
Findings. The paper presents an analysis of trends and growth points for the development of corporate venture investment in Russia. The analysis of corporate venture development factors and barriers hindering the development of corporate venture capital funds in Russia is carried out. The estimated value of the potential of Russian venture capital is obtained, which can be comparable with the volume of corporate venture capital funds of the European Union
Keywords: innovation project, venture capital investments, technology entrepreneur, corporate venture capital fund (CVC), venture capital fund (VCs), R&D
- Venture capital investments 2018: infographics (2019). Incrussia. https://incrussia.ru/understand/info-grafika-venchurnye-investitsii-2018.
- V. G. Zinov, O. A. Eremchenko. Corporate venture capital investments: features and successful practices//Economics of science. Vol. 5. № 3. P. 170-184.
- A. I. Kashirin, V. V. Strenalyuk, A. S. Semenov et al. Key competencies and corporate venture//Cloud of Science. 2019. Vol. 6. № 2. P. 315-329. http://cloudofscience.ru.
- V. Kosteev, V. Sidorovich. Management of innovations in Russian companies. NP «Club of Directors for Science and Innovations» in collaboration with JSC «RVC». 2016. https://www.rvc.ru/upload/iblock/0dd/Management_of_Innovations_in_Russian_Companies.pdf.
- Corporate accelerators and hackathons-2019. https://www.dsight.ru.
- B. L. Kuznetsov, I. L. Zagitov. Forcing innovation is necessary//Izvestia Ural State Economic University, 5 (49), 2013. P. 26-31.
- Forcing innovation: a strategy for Russia: collection of articles and materials/Ed. V. L. Inozemtsev. M.: Center for Research of the Post-Industrial Society, 2009. 288 p.
- D. D. Tsiteladze. Venture capital as a factor in the development of the economy of innovative territorial clusters//Innovative development of the economy. 2016. № 5 (35). Part 2. P. 79-91.
- D. D. Tsiteladze. Methodology for the development of the innovation process on the basis of the syndicate of corporate venture investors (SCVI)//Economics and Entrepreneurship. 2015. № 9. Part 1. P. 640-648.
- D. D. Tsiteladze. Development of organizational forms of R&D based on syndicate corporate venture investment//Economics and Entrepreneurship. 2015. № 8. Part 1. P. 660-666.
- Herve Lebre. Startups. M.: Corporate publications, 2010.
- The most famous corporate venture capital funds//Materials of the III Moscow corporate venture summit. http://corporateventuresummit.ru/examples.
- F. Baldi, D. Baglieri, F. Corea. Balancing risk and learning opportunities in corporate venture capital investments: Evidence from the biopharmaceutical industry//Entrepreneurship Research Journal. V. 5 (3). 2015.
- T. J. Chemmanur, E. Loutskina, Tian Xuan. Corporate Venture Capital, Value Creation, and Innovation//The Review of Financial Studies. V. 27. 2014. https://scinapse.io/papers/2135074633.
- H. Chesbrough, Wim Vanhaverbeke, Joel West, eds. Open Innovation: Researching a New Paradigm, Oxford University Press, 2006.
- H. W. Chesbrough. Making sense of corporate venture capital//Harvard Business Review. V. 80 (3). 2002. P. 90-99.
- D. Cumming, N. Dai. Local bias in venture capital investments//Journal of Empirical Finance. 2010. Vol. 17. Issue 3. P. 362-380.
- Global CVC Report (2018). CB Insights. https://www.cbinsights.com/research/report/corporate-venture-capital-trends-2017.
- Global CVC Report (2019). CB Insights. https://www.cbinsights.com/research/report/corporate-venture-capital-trends-2018.
- S. U. Lee, J. Kang. Technological diversification through corporate venture capital investments: Creating various options to strengthen dynamic capabilities//Industry and Innovation. V. 22 (5). 2015. P. 349-374.
- S. A. Park, A. Joseph, J. Lipuma, S. S. Park. Concentrating Too Hard? Foreign and Corporate Venture Capital Involvement in Syndicates//Journal of Small Business Management. 2019. № 57 (2). P. 327-342.
- T. W. Tong, Y. Li. Real options and investment mode: Evidence from corporate venture capital and acquisition//Organization Science, 22, 2011. P. 659-674.
- C. Vančura. Financial Metrics in Corporate Venture Capital: Enhancing Strategic Value by Focusing on Financial Goals. 2014. https://www.kauffmanfellows.org/journal_posts/financial-metrics-in-corporate-venture-capital.
- Сorporate venture capital history. https://www.cbinsights.com/research/report/corporate-venture-capital-history.
- Strategy & Business magazine. https://www.strategyand.pwc.com/gx/en/insights/innovation1000.html.
- Order of the President of the Russian Federation dated June 14, 2017 № Pr-1132. P. 2. http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/assignments/orders/54793.
- Meeting with the President of Russia in Novo-Ogaryovo. http://kremlin.ru/events/president/news/62970.
- Order № 3R-OF of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation of January 31, 2011.http://old.economy.gov.ru/minec/resources/6e821e0043f996fdb7b7bfe7f74495eb/protokol_4_030810.pdf.
- Programs for innovative development of the largest companies in Russia: assessment and methodological support of the implementation of the mechanism of public policy/Ed. I. N. Rykova. Scientific report. M.: Research Financial Institute, 2015. 147 p. https://www.nifi.ru/images/FILES/Reports/nauch_doklad_PIR.pdf.
- The list of joint-stock companies with state participation, state corporations, state companies and federal state unitary enterprises implementing innovative development programs has been expanded to 56 organizations. https://data.gov.ru/opendata/7710349494-perechen.
- RVC rating of activity of venture investors. https://www.rvc.ru/upload/iblock/1b1/rating2019-pdf-ru.pdf.