The issues of correlation between the concepts of innovation and competitiveness from the standpoint of the causal relationships between them are
discussed in the article. Historical approaches to the causality of the categories of competition and scientific and technological progress are researched.
The influence of institutional conditions on the competitiveness of economic systems is analyzed
Keywords: innovation, innovation activity, competition, competitiveness, scientific and technological progress, productivity, causality, economic system, institutional conditions.
- K. Marx, F. Engels. Wage labor and capital: collected works. 2nd ed. Vol. 6. M.: Politizdat, 1957. 577 p.
- F. A. Hayek. Individualism and Economic Order: Monograph. Moscow: Izograf, 2001.256 p.
- J. Schumpeter. Economic development theory. Moscow: Progress, 1982. 455 p.
- J. Schumpeter. Capitalism, Socialism and Democracy. M.: Economics, 1995. 540 p.
- Competitiveness in the modern economy: challenges for the UNECE region. Geneva: United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, 2006. 30 p.
- V. V. Apanasovich, Yu. A. Veselov, A. A. Ilyukovich, A. V. Markov et al. Innovation management: theory and practice/Under scientific. ed. A. V. Markova. Minsk: «Kolorgrad», 2015. 513 p.
- Yu. V. Simachev (head of the editorial board), M. G. Kuzyk, A. A. Fedyunina et al. Factors of labor productivity growth at enterprises of non-resource sectors of the Russian economy//Dokl. by XXI Apr. international scientific. conf. on the problems of economic and social development. Moscow, 2020 Nat. issled. University Higher School of Economics. Moscow: Ed. House of the Higher School of Economics, 2020. 60 p.
- Creation of conditions conducive to increasing the competitiveness and efficiency of national innovation systems. New York, Geneva: United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, 2007. 136 p.