In this article authors examine the methodological issues of modelling a business ecosystem as a modern network form of business organization. The example of the Russian 1C company shows how a certain degree of openness of the digital platform allows using the potential of independent developers for the platform development and the business ecosystem which is formed on its basis. The authors describe the main actors of the business ecosystem, the possible distribution of functions between them and specify the business ecosystem as a network structure. They also emphasize that the issues of functioning and management of the business ecosystem need further methodical elaboration
Keywords: digital platform, business ecosystem, particularity and structure of business ecosystem, 1C company
1. Yoffie В., Cusumano M. Strategy Rules. Five Timeless Lessons From Bill Gates, Andy Grove, and Steve Jobs. Moscow, Publishing house "Mann, Ivanov and Ferber", 2016, 240 p.
- Reeves M., Levin S., Ueda D. The Biology of Corporate Survival. Harvard Business Review – Russia, 2016, April, pp. 29-39. (in Russian).
- Simon Phil. The Age of the Platform: How Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google Have Redefined Business Paperback, 2011.
- S. Muegge. Platforms, Communities and Business Ecosystems: Lessons Learned about Technology Entrepreneurship in an Interconnected World//Technology Innovation Management Review. 2013, No 3 (2). pp. 5-15.
- J. F. Moore. Business ecosystems and the view from the firm// Antitrust Bulletin; Spring 2006. Vol. 51. no 1. pp. 31-75.
- Markova V.D., Trapeznikov I.S. Modern forms of business partnerships. Mir economiki i upravleniya [World of Economics and Management], 2016,no.4, pp. 109 – 119. (in Russian).
- Alstein M., Parker J., Chowdary S. Network effect as a new engine of the economy. Harvard Business Review – Russia, 2017, January - February. pp. 29-36 (in Russian).