The paper analyses the role of innovations in the implementation of sustainability concept in terms of logistics andsupply chain management. The use of sustainability concept fosters the companies to review the key business processes, including logistics, and to find the ways in cost optimization. The innovation is established as crucial part of sustainable logistics. The tools and methods of sustainable logistics including reconfiguration and the reverse logistics are presented from the point of innovation process. In the conclusion the paper investigates the risk factors influence of the success of sustainable logistics implementation
Keywords: sustainability, logistics, supply chain management, risk, innovation
1. UN Sustainable development knowledge platform. https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/about.
2. J. Mangan, C. Lalwani, T. Butcher, R. Javadpour. Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management. 2nd ed. London: John Wiley&Sons, 2012.
3. W. Kersten, T. Blecker, C. M. Ringle. Sustainability in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. 1st ed. Berlin: epubli GmbH, 2015.
4. Supply Chain Sustainability. a practical Guide for Continuous improvement by United Nations Global Compact. https://www.bsr.org/reports/BSR_UNGC_SupplyChainReport.pdf.
5. LIFE and waste recycling. Innovative waste management options in Europe, reported by by the European Commission. http://ec.europa.eu/environment/life/publications/lifepublications/lifefocus/documents/recycling.pdf.
6. J. Sarkis, P. Gonzalez-Torre, B. Adenso-Diaz, 2010. Stakeholder pressure and the adoption of environmental practices: the mediating effect of training//Journal of Operations Management, 28 (2). P. 163-176.
7. S. Pivovarov, L. Tarasevich. International management. 4th. ed. Saint-Petersburg: Piter, 2011.