The paper analyzes and systematizes the main practices of high-tech support in Russia in 2010-2017. The unique data on the structure of governmental support in the regions of Russia by the main sources of financing high-tech and innovation sphere is given. The main objective of the study is to determine the target guidelines for the governmental policy to stimulate high-tech and knowledge-intensive business in the regions of Russia, taking into account the tasks set by the President to accelerate the technological progress of the country. Based on the analysis made, the authors formulated detailed recommendations for federal and regional authorities to create incentives for the development of high technologies in the regions of Russia
Keywords: high technologies, innovations, business, regions of Russia, governmental support
- OECD. Classification of manufacturing industries into categories based on R&D intensities. 2011. https://www.oecd.org/sti/ind/48350231.pdf.
- Eurostat indicators on High-tech industry and Knowledge —intensive service//Annex 3 — High-tech aggregation by NACE Rev.2. 2016. https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/cache/metadata/Annexes/htec_esms_an3.pdf.
- April 24-25, 2018. Strategic session “Model of the pilot region for the Strategy of scientific and technological development in Tomsk region” held by the administration of Tomsk region. https://leader-id.ru/event/8308.
- Discussion: Current National Agenda for Technology Development and New Approaches to Measuring Innovation at the Regional level. Presentation made by Gusev A., the director for the development of the innovation ecosystem of RVC // 8th Annual International Academic Conference Foresight and STI Policy, November 15-16, 2018. М.: National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE).
- Zinov V.G. Index of specialisation according to technological fields and the perspectives of technological leadership of Russia// The Economics of Science. 2016. T. 2. № 2.
- Khramova E., Meissner D., Sagieva G. Statistical Patent Analysis Indicators as a Means of Determining Country Technological Specialisation (April 10, 2013)//Higher School of Economics Research, Paper No. WP BRP 09/STI/2013. https://ssrn.com/abstract=2247936.
- Streltsova E. Russia’s Technological Specialisation// Express-information, the HSE Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge. The 'Science, Technology, and Innovation' series. Date of issue: 28.11.2018. https://issek.hse.ru/data/2018/11/28/1141484660/NTI_N_112_28112018.pdf.
- International Patent Classification (2018). WIPO. https://www.wipo.int/classifications/ipc/ru.
- Kotsyubinskiy V. and Komarov V., Prospects for the Development of High-Tech Sector in Russia (March 12, 2015)// The Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA). https://ssrn.com/abstract=2583682
- Simachev Yu., Kuzyk M., Feigina V. Governmental support innovation in Russia: what is to say about the impact of tax and financial arrangements on companies? Russian management journal, Т. 12. № 1, 2014. P. 7-38.
- Simachev Yu., Kuzyk M. Russian policy for intensity of innovations: evolution, achievements, problems and lessons// Russian economy in 2012. Trends and outlooks. (Issue 34). М.: Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy (The Gaidar Institute), 2013. P. 521-571.
- Barinova V.A., Eremkin V.A. Designing Mechanism of Innovation Vouchers in Russia: Anti-Crisis Agenda// Innovations. 2015. № 5 (199).
- Sergei Gorkov: Ministry of Economic Development is considering the implementation of "Innovative vouchers". 16.10.2018. http://economy.gov.ru/minec/about/structure/depIno/201816104.
- Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated December 25, 2015 No. 1442 “On the procurement of innovative products, high-tech products by certain types of legal entities and changes in individual acts of the Government of the Russian Federation".
- Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated December 13, 2012 No. 1302 “On Approval of the Rules for Granting a Subsidy from the Federal Budget in the Form of a Property Contribution of the Russian Federation to the State Corporation “Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs (Vnesheconombank)” for reimbursement of part of the costs, associated with supporting the production of high-tech products".
- Chef Digital Officer (CDO). http://koptelov.info/publikatsii/cdo-chef-digitalofficer.
- Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated January 28, 2016 No. 41 “On Approval of the Rules for Providing Subsidies to Participants from the Federal Budget industrial clusters for reimbursement of costs in the implementation of joint projects for the production of industrial products of the cluster for the purpose of import substitution”.
- Meeting of the Presidium of the Presidential Council for Strategic Development and Priority Projects. 16.07.2018. http://government.ru/news/33259.
- Innovative regions of Russia ranking, Association of Innovative Regions of Russia (AIRR). http://i-regions.org/reiting/rejting-innovatsionnogo-razvitiya
- Barinova V., Zemtsov S., Semenova R., Fedotov I. National report "High-tech business in the regions of Russia". М.: The Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), 2018. http://i-regions.org/images/files/ranepa19.pdf.
- Dezhina I. Mechanisms for science state funding in Russia. М.: Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy (The Gaidar Institute), 2006. 130 p.
- J. Lerner. The government as venture capitalist: The long-run effects of the SBIR program//National Bureau of Economic Research. 1996. № w5753.
- Zemtsov S., Barinova V. The paradigm changing of regional innovation policy in Russia: from equalization to smart specialization //Economic Issues. 2016. №. 10. С. 65.
- C. Mason, R. Brown. Entrepreneurial ecosystems and growth oriented entrepreneurship. OECD, Paris, 2014.
- D. B. Audretsch, E. E. Lehmann. Financing high-tech growth: the role of banks and venture capitalists// Schmalenbach Business Review. Vol. 56. 2004. P. 340-357.
- B. Feld. Startup communities: Building an entrepreneurial ecosystem in your city. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2012.
- M. Kenney, D. Breznitz, M. Murphree. Coming back home after the sun rises: Returnee entrepreneurs and growth of high tech industries//Research Policy. Vol. 42. No. 2. 2013. P. 391-407.
- J. Francis, C. Collins-Dodd. Impact of export promotion programs on firm competencies, strategies and performance: The case of Canadian high-technology SMEs//International Marketing Review. Vol. 21. No. 4. 2004. P. 474-495.
- Products of future markets. NTI ASI. 2018. https://asi.ru/nti/projects
- Who are technobrokers and why do business need them: opinions experts. VC.ru. 2018. https://vc.ru/offline/11620-techbroker