This article presents the results of a research project to design the roadmap for the development of a crosscutting digital technology named “New Manufacturing Technologies” in Russia. This project was carried out by the National Technology Initiative Center for Advanced Manufacturing Technologies based on the Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies of Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University in April–September 2019. The roadmap is intended to provide framework for selecting and supporting projects aimed at developing new manufacturing technologies. The research project included desk reviews and field research to set up a list of subtechnologies, foresight studies and definition of future projects jointly with the expert community. This article focuses on the results of research, proposals and areas of activity included in the roadmap. These results laid the foundations for the state policy to support the development of new manufacturing technologies to 2024
Keywords: Digital Economy, Advanced Manufacturing Technologies, Digital Twin, Digital Design and Simulation, Roadmap
- Identification summary of the “Science” National Project published. Available at: http://government.ru/info/35565/
- National Technology Initiative. Available at: http://www.nti2035.ru/nti/
- “Digital Economy” National Project. Available at: http://static.government.ru/media/files/3b1AsVA1v3VziZip5VzAY8RTcLEbdCct.pdf
- Identification summary of the “Digital Economy” National Project. Available at: https://digital.gov.ru/uploaded/files/natsionalnaya-programma-tsifrovaya-ekonomika-rossijskojfederatsii_NcN2nOO.pdf
- President defined the goals and objectives of the “Digital Economy of the Russian Feder-ation” National Program. Available at: http://d‑russia.ru/prezident-opredelil-tselii‑zadachi-natsionalnoj-programmy-tsifrovaya-ekonomikarossijskoj-federatsii.html
- Identification summary of the “Digital Technologies” Federal Project of the “Digital Economy of the Russian Federation”National Program. Available at: https://digital.gov.ru/uploaded/files/pasport-federalnogo-proekta-tsifrovyietehnologii.pdf
- Digital technologies. Available at: https://data-economy.ru/science
- Cross-cutting digital technologies to receive roadmaps and funding. Available at: https://ria.ru/20190131/1550213831.html
- Makushkin A., Osochenko E. Atlas skvoznykh tekhnologii tsifrovoy ekonomiki Rossii [Russia’s digital economy crosscutting technologies atlas]. Moscow, Greenatom, 2019, 372 p. Available at: http://www.energoatlas.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Атлас-сквозные-технологии-цифровойэкономики-России.pdf
- Calls for bids to develop roadmaps for cross-cutting digital technologies announced. Available at: https://digital.gov.ru/ru/events/38810/
- Putin: We need a breakthrough. Available at: https://www.gazeta.ru/business/news/2018/12/20/n_12438241.shtml
- The Technet (Advanced Manufacturing Technology) Roadmap of the National Technology Initiative. Available at: http://assets.fea.ru/uploads/fea/news/2017/02_february/15/Dorozhnaya_karta_TechNet.pdf
- Roadmap to enhance legislation and reduce administrative barriers in order to ensure the implementation of the Technet (Advanced Manufacturing Technologies) focus area activities approved by the Government of the Russian Federation Executive Order of 23 March 2018 no. 482‑p. Available at: http://www.nti2035.ru/documents/docs/NDK_tech-net.pdf
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies Center of the National Technology Initiative. Available at: https://www.rvc.ru/eco/overcoming_technological_barriers/competence_centers_nti/144438/
- Minutes No. 2 of the meeting of the Tender Committee for the selection of recipients of grants for state support of NTI centers on the basis of educational institutions of higher education and research institutions (December 22, 2017). Available at: https://www.rvc.ru/nti/centers/status1/protocol_22122017.pdf
- A Report by the Subcommittee on Advanced Manufacturing Committee on Technology of the National Science & Technology Council Strategy for American Leadership in Advanced Manufacturing. — 2018. — 40 p.
- Industrie 4.0 Working Group Germany Market Report and Outlook. Germany Trade and Invest. — 2018. — 16 p.
- Made in China 2025. Institute for Security & Development Policy Report. — 2018. — 9 p.
- White Paper: Technology and Innovation for the Future of Production: Accelerating Value Creation. World Economic Forum. — 2017. — 38 p.
- Queensland Advanced Manufacturing 10‑Year Roadmap and Action Plan. State of Queensland, Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning. — 2018. — 44 p.
- Exponential technologies in manufacturing. Deloitte Development LLC. — 2018. — 64 p.
- Advanced Technologies Initiative Manufacturing & Innovation. Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. — 2015. — 84 p.
- Salatin C., Solomon C., Baranda J. S., Chanal H. Analysis on current and future capabilities requirements of Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) in Advanced Manufacturing. — 2014. — 19 p.
- Sheppard B., Shaw C., Williams B. et al. Factory of the Future. Issue One. McKinsey & Company. — 2014. — 32 p.
- Roadmap for cross-cutting KETs activities in Horizon 2020. European Commission. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union, 2014. — 24 p.
- The Methodology for evaluating technology readiness for the projects of the Federal Targeted Program for Research and Development in Priority Areas of Development of the Russian Scientific and Technological Complex for 2014–2020 approved by the Deputy Minister of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. Available at: http://fcpir.ru/upload/medialibrary/955/gt_57_14vn_metodika-ugt-_002_.pdf
- Borovkov A. I., Ryabov Yu. A. [Digital twins: definition, approaches and methods of development]. Tsifrovaya transformatsiya ekonomiki i promyshlennosti: sbornik trudov nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii s zarubezhnym uchastiem, 20–22 iyunya 2019 [Digital Transformation of economy and industry: collection of works of the scientificpractical conference with foreign participation, June 20–22, 2019]. Ed. by A. Babkin. SPb: Polytech-Press, 2019, 780 p.