The author presents key segments of the MARINET roadmap approved within the National Technology Initiative: digital navigation, technologies for ocean resources development, innovative shipbuilding and human resources development. These directions will be a guideline for the development of Russian technologies for the marine industry and Russian high-tech companies over the next 20 years. Also, he makes analysis of approaches and results of the MARINET activity during the last years, as well as the existing challenges and opportunities for overcoming them.
The current plans and priorities of the MARINET are outlined on the basis of the discussion and decisions taken at the MARINET Group in St. Petersburg on September 19, 2019 including development of the Maritime Cluster of Skolkovo Innovation Center and international network of MARINET hubs for promotion, sales and post-sales support of the MARINET companies
Keywords: MARINET, digital navigation, maritime transport, shipbuilding, underwater robotics, autonomous ships, ocean resources development
- Message from the President of the Russian Federation to the Federal Assembly on December 4, 2014
- Plan of measures (“roadmap”) of the “Marinet” of the National Technological Initiative, Protocol of 3 meetings of the Presidium of the Presidential Council on Economic Modernization and Innovative Development of Russia dated 06.24.2016
- Review of maritime transport 2017. UNCTAD United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. 2018
- The state of world fisheries and aquaculture. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations FAO. 2016
- NOAA — National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration — Ocean.Noaa.gov
- What a ‘blue economy’ really is — WWF’s perspective. «WWF. 10 July 2015
- Marine doctrine of the Russian Federation for the period until 2020, July 27, 2001
- Strategies for the development of maritime activities of the Russian Federation until 2030, Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 8, 2010 N 2205‑p.
- WorldAtlas.com — World Facts, 2016
- 2017 Market Forecast Report. SEA Europe: Shipyards ’& Maritime Equipment Association. 2017.
- An Overview of The Ocean Economy: Assessments and Recommendations. OECD. 2016
- Competitive position and future opportunities of the European marine supplies industry. BALance Technology Consulting GmbH. 2014
- Financial corporate reporting of enterprises.
- SIPRI Yearbook 2018: Armaments, Disarmament and International Security. Stockholm Peace Research Institute SIPRI. 2018
- Marine Composites Market — Global Trends and Forecasts to 2019. Research and Markets. 2016
- The development strategy of the shipbuilding industry for the period until 2020 and for the future. Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation.