Several concepts have emerged in recent decades to interpret and illustrate the process of knowledge creation and its application through innovation and these have come from a number of different disciplines. However, they share several core conclusions about the non-linear nature of innovation and the multiple input and feedback loops that exist between the actors in an innovation system. This process is captured by the concept of the knowledge triangle, which suppose close and effective links between education, research and innovation
Keywords: knowledge, education, research, innovation, business, Moldova
1. EIT. Catalysing Innovation in the knowledge triangle. Practices from the EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities. http://eit.europa.eu/sites/default/files/EIT_publication_Final.pdf.
2. Council of the European Union (2008). 2020 Vision for the European Research Area.
3. AITT. Reports on managerial activities. 2011-2015. Chisinau 2016.
4. G. Ciugureanu. ERAWATCH Country Reports 2013: Moldova 2014, p. 10-11. http://erawatch.jrc.ec.europa.eu/erawatch/export/sites/default/galleries/generic_files/file_0527.pdf.
5. WIPO (2013): World Intellectual Property Organisation. Statistics on Patents. http://www.wipo.int/ipstats/en.
6. AŞM. Raport privind activitatea CSŞDT Şi rezultatele Ştiintifice principale obţinute în sfera ştiintei şi inovării în anul 2014 şi în perioada 2011-2014. P. 9-28. http://asm.md/administrator/fisiere/rapoarte/f172.pdf.
7. Şerbănică Cristina. O analiză de tip cauză — efect a cooperării universitate — mediu de afaceri pentru inovarea regională în România. In: Economie teoretică şi aplicată. Volume XVIII (2011), No. 10 (563), Bucharest. P. 27-43.
8. WEF report. Global Competitiveness Report 2014-2015. http://www.weforum.org/reports/global-competitiveness-report-2014-2015.
9. Ernst&Young (2011). Next generation innovation policy: the future of EU innovation policy to support market growth.
10. H. Chesbrough, W. Vanhaverbeke (2011). Open innovation and public policy in Europe. Science and Business, ESADE Business School